C4 Forums | Control4

New Stuff

alf1096

I am looking to add on to my control 4 with a few things come first of the year and came here to get some general ideas. I have 2 garage doors and was wondering what is the ball park price of the CA kit and if I decided to run wire to the back of the 300 what products would I need...trying to decied between the two and price plays a factor. Also what is a site license going for.

How many garage doors do you have? Each garage door requires a relay to open/close, and a contact to monitor status. The HC300 has one of each, so if they're not currently in use an HC300 could open/close and monitor the status of one door. All that's required is two writes for each (doorbell wire or cat cable work great), and a magnetic sensor switch for the status (from $3 on up depending on if you want a fancy housing or not).

I think the card access kit is about $330, but that's from memory and I could be off. It includes what is necessary to both open/close and monitor status of two garage doors. This includes all necessary equipment and the devices are wireless.

Site license is $500 plus any labor charges.

That is what I needed to know thanks. I have 2 doors and only one 300 so it looks like card access for me. How long do the batteries last in the CA. I plan on following your write up to alert me when low. Dan I really appreciate all the help you give.

That is what I needed to know thanks. I have 2 doors and only one 300 so it looks like card access for me. How long do the batteries last in the CA. I plan on following your write up to alert me when low. Dan I really appreciate all the help you give.

They last a really long time. At least 6 months...maybe a year? It is so long that I can't tell you because I forget how long it's been. I don't use many either, and the ones I do use are outside, and I'd imagine that being it in the hot/cold shortens the battery life.

Archived