C4 Forums | Control4

Control 4 Ipod Docking Station

TDAWG

Hello,

So I am currently having trouble when i attempt to connect my Ipod or Iphone to the Control 4 docking station in my AV Rack. When I have either connected the C4 screen when i select listen - Ipod or Iphone it keeps telling me OFFLINE. When I attempt to control it VIA Zigbee remote my songs etc show up however when selected NO sound comes out.

I also attemeted to play a moive that is on my Iphone and the picture displays however NO sound??? Has anyone every experienced these problems? Your input is greatly apprecieated. Thank you!

what OS is your C4 system? also have you updated the ipod and iphone to the latest apple OS.

earlier versions of the C4 OS had some bugs that could cause this. Since 2.1 these issues are resolved. So if your on an earlier version than 2.1 you may need to update to have this issue fixed

Audio is a very simple hook-up off of the dock as a 3.5mm L-R into RCAs on the amp. Never had a problem with these docks other than keeping the dust off them :)

That's why I asked how it was hooked up. He might not have the audio connected.

They routed from the docking station into a Atlona Audio/Video Matrix Switcher... I have moved the Red - Blue RCA's for the IPOD into ports that I am able to hear sound from i.e. Great Room TV currently hear sound from and still NO sound from the IPOD? I did also make sure the RCA's where plugged into the appropriate position.

Archived