C4 Forums | Control4

Removing Infinity Edge for Painter

Well I got it off and thought I'd document the process for the next guy (or for myself in a year or two after I've forgotten how to do this).

I found the installation guide in one of my old boxes, and it's not exactly correct. It says:

If you ever need to remove the Touch Screen from the wall, do the following:

a. Locate the small pinhole on the tab (right side) underneath the Touch Screen.

b. Insert a paper clip into the hole (about 1/4"). With both hands, lift the Touch Screen from the bottom of the screen toward you to remove it.

With the images below, you should be able to figure this out. Just remember: The pin hole is on the left side as you look at it when it's mounted to the wall--not the right side like the doc says. And the screen is held on the wall magnetically, so there will be resistance as you pull it off. Just pull gently from the bottom while holding the pin up with a paper clip. It will take some pressure to get it started, just work slowly and gently until you can get your fingers back behind the screen (that will get the bottom pin clear). There is another pin in the top that will still be holding it to the wall, and you won't be free of the magnets yet, so next, pull down and out. It will make a sickening pop as the top pin comes out and it will be out.

For a minute, you will stand there feeling like you just dropped your iPhone and shattered the screen, because of the sound it made coming off but all is well (or should be).

screen_on_wall.jpg

power_box.jpg

screen_removed.jpg

Yes, thanks for the writeup.

It's not a secret, but it's also not out there very many places.

I leave the 'tab' on mine, so they're not 'locked', and just need to pull them out from the wall, bottom-first.

Thanks again. Good Stuff.

RyanE

Archived