C4 Forums | Control4

Xbox 360 control issues

JHill9

I don't know if anyone else is having issues with their xbox but mine is driving me crazy. This is a brand new xbox (old one broke) and the IR bug is in the right spot since control works every now and then. That is the problem, why does it work every now and then? IR bug flashes on the xbox every time I hit up/down/left/right but xbox doesn't respond. Then after a while of pushing buttons it works like a dream. Any ideas on how to get it to work better?

I don't know if anyone else is having issues with their xbox but mine is driving me crazy. This is a brand new xbox (old one broke) and the IR bug is in the right spot since control works every now and then. That is the problem, why does it work every now and then? IR bug flashes on the xbox every time I hit up/down/left/right but xbox doesn't respond. Then after a while of pushing buttons it works like a dream. Any ideas on how to get it to work better?

Is ur system slow and the commands are just trying to catch up? Just completely guessing.

Do you have direct sunlight on the IR bud? Try putting a piece of electrical tape over the IR bud.

Currently I have blue painters tape holding the bug to the xbox and it is located in the closet. So no sunlight.

you do know that the ir receiver and the controller sync button on the new xbox are the same thing right?

I haven't used the Xbox with a controller in about 2 years but I have the bud on the little black button with ">>>" on it. I believe that is the sync button.

I have the new slim and it works flawlessly. I have the ir bug set on the sync button, but slightly offset. I also have it taped with black electrical tape is the bud facing in. When the xbox first turns on, it takes about 15 seconds for the remote to start working. The xbox reaction went from intermittent, exactly like you were explaining to working perfect over time. I can't explain that part. I also had to change the repeat value to '2' as hitting a number to fast, for example, would cause multiple repeats. 1 1 fast would result in 1 1 1 1 1.

Archived