C4 Forums | Control4

AVM-16A2-B questions (ASNER only 48v PS? Dealer willing to "sponsor"?)

Gentlemen,

I appreciate you and this forum more than you can imagine. I have had Control4 for a few years and have never, until today, asked a single question (not even to a dealer). Why? I have learned enough from your posts. Thank you much.

My question is regarding my AVM-16A2-B amplifier. Yes, the power supply is fried. I checked the two fuses and the first, 10A 250V fuse was blown. So, I replaced it and watched the power supply start to smoke and flip my house circuit. So, I have looked into purchasing a new power supply made by ASNER (ALS800-48C11). Now for the questions:

1. Is the Asner ALS800-48C11 the only 48v power supply that can be used for this V2 amplifier?

2. Yes, I have read all the threads on having C4 repair this out of warranty amp which would likely include other great upgrades/benefits (ie: v3 innards). Wonderful! However, I would have to go through a dealer. Does anyone know of a dealer that would "sponsor" my repair through C4 corporate?

I assume (hopefully wrongly) that no one will be able to suggest a helpful dealer, based on many other threads. In which case, I hope people can help with question #1!

Thank you again for everything.

How about this...

Since I've seen posts about the V1 and V2 internal parts being upgraded to V3, does V3 use the same power supply? If not, what is the maker/model # of the power supply?

I don't have a V3 to look at, but I can look into getting that power supply, which based on other posts, sounds more reliable.

• 2 years later...

Archived