C4 Forums | Control4

Formatting in Emails

Good day all,

I am trying to figure out if there are any specifics or even better a manual for formatting in the Email Agent. I am trying to get line breaks so that I can get a properly formatted email. On SOME of the text a ENTER via the keyboard when writing the EMAIL Template on the EMAIL agent works, on others it doesn't, I have used both /n and \n to try and force the line break but nothing happens it merely includes this as text - composer version 2.6:

MAIN BEDROOM:

<_________THIS BREAK WORKS - WAS A ENTER ON THE KEYBOARD_____________>

DRESSING ROOM LIGHT WAS ON FOR: ${Master Bedroom::Adaptive Phase Dimmer::MINUTES_ON_TODAY} IT USED THE FOLLOWING ELECTRICITY: ${Master Bedroom::Adaptive Phase Dimmer::ENERGY_USED_TODAY} \n <_________THIS BREAK DOESNT WORK - WAS A ENTER ON THE KEYBOARD and using the RETURN ChAR_____________>
MAIN BEDROOM LIGHT WAS ON FOR: ${Master Bedroom::Adaptive Phase Dimmer::MINUTES_ON_TODAY} IT USED THE FOLLOWING ELECTRICYITY: ${Master Bedroom::Adaptive Phase Dimmer::ENERGY_USED_TODAY} \n<_________THIS BREAK DOESNT WORK - WAS A ENTER ON THE KEYBOARD and using the RETURN ChAR_____________>
BATHROOM LIGHT WAS ON FOR: ${Master Bedroom::Adaptive Phase Dimmer::MINUTES_ON_TODAY} IT USED THE FOLLOWING ELECTRICYITY: ${Master Bedroom::Adaptive Phase Dimmer::ENERGY_USED_TODAY} \n<_________THIS BREAK DOESNT WORK - WAS A ENTER ON THE KEYBOARD and using the RETURN ChAR_____________>

KITCHEN

<_________THIS BREAK WORKS - WAS A ENTER ON THE KEYBOARD_____________>

KITCHEN MAIN LIGHT WAS ON FOR:${Kitchen::Keypad Dimmer::MINUTES_ON_TODAY} IT USED THE FOLLOWING ELECTRICITY: ${Kitchen::Keypad Dimmer::ENERGY_USED_TODAY} /n
KITCHEN UNDER LIGHTS WAS ON FOR: ${Kitchen::Adaptive Phase Dimmer::MINUTES_ON_TODAY} IT USED THE FOLLOWING ELECTRICITY: ${Kitchen::Adaptive Phase Dimmer::ENERGY_USED_TODAY} /n

Update: \r\n doesn' work either:

MAIN BEDROOM:

DRESSING ROOM LIGHT WAS ON FOR: 291 IT USED THE FOLLOWING ELECTRICITY: 299 \r\n MAIN BEDROOM LIGHT WAS ON FOR: 291 IT USED THE FOLLOWING ELECTRICYITY: 299 \r\n BATHROOM LIGHT WAS ON FOR: 291 IT USED THE FOLLOWING ELECTRICYITY: 299 \r\n

Myself for example, trying to get some answers - some answer if this is an intentional change.

As it stands - 'normal' formatting seems to work flawlessly for me, ie enter to cut sentence, another enter to create a full break, and indeed the old requirement of \n is no longer there.

If you want to use an alternative to 4sight you can utilise our SMTP driver which is part of our notification suite.

http://www.chowmain.co.nz/smtp

This will allow you to do HTML based formatting so line breaks, bold, italics, colours, image src, etc.

Will also allow you to utilise your own email service so you can reply back to the emails.

I utilise it mainly to do door bell camera image attachments for my house.  Looks quite professional when it gets delivered to my email box.

@alanchow seems like a good option, how would you attached items to the mail, is there a guide once I buy the driver :)

Does the driver allow for some sort of logic coding (this would be a nice feature if it did) i.e.

If AlarmSensor ==0 then

"AlarmSendor is Triggered"

EndIF

That way instead of having:

AlarmSensor1 : 0

AlarmSensor2 : 0

AlarmSensor3 : 1

You could have

AlarmSensor1 : TRIGGERED

AlarmSensor2 : TRIGGERED

AlarmSensor3 : ACTIVE

I am not sure if this is making sense?

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

@cyknight something has def changed in 2.6 on formatting would be nice if they actually gave us the change log. It also does not seem to be consistent some things a enter in the template gives you a new line when it sends the mail, some things it doesn't as per my example above

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Archived