C4 Forums | Control4

Honeywell Vista20p issue reporting zone states correctly

duck_man

HC-800 on 2.6, using Honeywell CBM with Vista20p, after updating to 2.6 all of my windows, doors, glassbreaks, etc are reporting the reverse of what they should be.  If I look in Locks & Sensors, for example the garage overhead door will show as being open, even though it is not.  If I go open the door then close it, then is shows correctly.  Easy to fix with doors, but the glassbreaks, CO, smoke, etc. are all doing this and it is a real pain to try to trip them all so they will report correctly.  What's going on? 

Yep, open, sometimes all closed - depends on the driver/model. This is nothing abnormal, and yes it's annoying.

In the end the problem lies in the fact that the panel itself doesn't report the status until it's been changed and not all panels respond to polling either (plus polling brings it's own downside from a system perspective) - there are some exceptions to this but very few.

• 3 weeks later...

So after a controller reboot - which happens frequently here as I constantly tinker with everything, I need to reset every sensor, somehow?  Seems like a problem.  I'm not going to be able to do that.  Is there an easier eway?

Nope. Not easier. There are SOME systems that fix this themselves (HAI I believe is one), you can add relays to each sensor and trigger them that way to fix them - but that's not easier, it may also not be allowed.

Understandc that this affects DISPLAY of sensors only, not the actual programming state generally speaking. (generally - I suspect some 'while open/closed programming could be problematic, though I recommend to avoid using 'while' at any rate).

Archived