C4 Forums | Control4

Garage heater with fireplace switch

Jaffacree

Hello,

I have a fireplace switch controlling my heater in the garage.  The fireplace switch is turned on and off via the axxcess industries motion sensor's temperature function.

Here is the programming that i have to turn on the heater:

if month is between November and April

>if the temp on motion sensor is greater then or equal to 45

>>turn off the fireplace switch

>if the temp on motion sensor is less then or equal to 40

>>turn on the fireplace switch

The problem I am having is that there is no programming for the button press of the fireplace switch.  I would like to press a button and have the heater change to be between 65 and 60, and on another button press to go back to the temp being 45 and 40.  Using variables, I have been unable to get this functioning correctly and would greatly appreciate some of your vast knowledge!

Thanks!

Couldn't you use variables and do it based on if a variable is 0 or 1. Some things like if motion set heatVar to 1. Then change your if logic and start a timer and reset that variable to 0 after x hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His problem is the lack of a 'button press' state on the fireplace switch itself to program anything from - there is no EVENT for those button presses.

No there is no way of doing this (from a fireplace switch itself - CAN be done from any number of other triggers - motion, keypad, custom button etc etc)

OK, I might try this as a triple tap on a light switch or a custom button. I will need to use variables to get around the programming that will run 90% of the time listed below and on triple tap, change variable to 60 and 65 degrees, correct??  Or is there a better way to do this?

Hello,

I have a fireplace switch controlling my heater in the garage.  The fireplace switch is turned on and off via the axxcess industries motion sensor's temperature function.

Here is the programming that i have to turn on the heater:

if month is between November and April

>if the temp on motion sensor is greater then or equal to 45

>>turn off the fireplace switch

>if the temp on motion sensor is less then or equal to 40

>>turn on the fireplace switch

The problem I am having is that there is no programming for the button press of the fireplace switch.  I would like to press a button and have the heater change to be between 65 and 60, and on another button press to go back to the temp being 45 and 40.  Using variables, I have been unable to get this functioning correctly and would greatly appreciate some of your vast knowledge!

Thanks!

Archived