C4 Forums | Control4

Aquatel D110 integration - has anyone done it yet?

blub

Sometimes we miss posts ^_^

I've done two - works perfectly fine integration wise, though I found the range of the actual sensor unit a little weak. Not that it doesn't work but we had to move one receiver right next to the exterior wall directly adjining the tank location to get it connected.

I've done two - works perfectly fine integration wise, though I found the range of the actual sensor unit a little weak. Not that it doesn't work but we had to move one receiver right next to the exterior wall directly adjining the tank location to get it connected

NP, I thought giving it "one push" wouldn't harm :-) - thx for answering

The status of the tanks can it be displayed on the C4 GUI/OSD via a screen like i.e. the comfort/heating shows the temp of a room, or is the only way to get the status via email or a notification?

thx

• 3 months later...
On 9/10/2015 at 8:52 AM, blub said:

Hi

Has anyone already integrated an Aquatel D110 tank monitoring system in C4 using the available houselogix driver and if yes how does it work out?

Thx for any shared experience :-)

Hi All, 

The D110-S wireless radio range out of the box is approximately 1000' line of sight, however range will be greatly reduced if antennas are mounted at ground level or if there is elevation between the two modules. We have available the AQ930 omni booster antennas, these will double the working radio range to approximately 2000' line of sight. To achieve a good radio link when using on below terrain tanks, it is recommended to remotely mount the Tank Senders antenna using our antenna extension lead kit AQC36 (12 foot lead) so that the antenna is at least 3' above the ground. Up to a 6 mile radio range can be achieved when AQ920-7 directional Yagi booster antenna kits are used both ends. I hope this is helpful to all.

http://www.aquatel.us/booster-antenna-kits.html

Regards, Hugh - Technical Support @ Aquatel  

• 2 weeks later...

i ordered the aquatel online to try and have integrated at my place ,after explaining to the aquatel dealer many times that i needed the s model so i could integrate into my automation system  ,they sent me a regular d-110 and wouldn't take it back as they hadn't heard of the d110s and said the one they sent me should work :(,they also told me that they couldn't sell me just the receiver separately .....

on that note ,glad to hear that they do work !

• 1 month later...

Received the D110s and connected it to the HC-800's serial port but no comms happening. Have connected serial one to the driver on Composer but just shows Disconnected in the status. Do I need to reboot the HC800 before it will pick it up?

You can contact Aquatel in NZ and they will sel you the D110s receiver only. Same thing happened to me.

What else is needed besides the 110s, can you be more precise? Thx

The d110 and d220s works the same way but the s has a serial port that you connect with a serial cable to the Control4 controller. You also need the Control4 driver for the unit. So on short you need thr d110s, a serial cable and the driiver. You need to re-map the tank sensors to the d110s. Remember to connect the driver to the relevant serial port in Composer.

On 13 September 2015 at 6:58 PM, Cyknight said:

I've done two - works perfectly fine integration wise, though I found the range of the actual sensor unit a little weak. Not that it doesn't work but we had to move one receiver right next to the exterior wall directly adjining the tank location to get it connected.

Did you have any connectivity issues between the D110s and the Control4 controller? I have driver installed, serial port connected but it seems as if the D110s and the controller is not communicating.

No, though I've found the stated 'range' of the sensors overstated.

Also, serial does NOT like to run very long distances, so keep that in mind (anything over 30f is hit an miss depending on device and protocol.

Also, what are you using for serial port> primarily, a db9 connector or a 3.5mm connector - not everything plays nice with the 3.5mm option...

23 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Also, serial does NOT like to run very long distances, so keep that in mind (anything over 30f is hit an miss depending on device and protocol.

Also, what are you using for serial port> primarily, a db9 connector or a 3.5mm connector - not everything plays nice with the 3.5mm option...

On 13 September 2015 at 6:58 PM, Cyknight said:

Could you please assist?

I am struggling with the programming on composer. I seem to let the driver get stuck to such an extend that I have to reboot the HC800. What I am trying to do is:

I have 2 tank sensors that I want to read properties from. So I set the tank number property to 1, do "Update now" then read tank level property. Then set tank number to 2, do "Update now" then read tank level property.  It seems not to work as I get with the second read the first tank's properties and not the second.

what am I doing wrong?

• 1 month later...

Really frustrated with HouseLogix support on this driver.  Last feedback received from them was 23 March.  Nothing after that.  Have asked for feedback but no reply.  Is the HouseLogix one the only driver for the DL110 that can be acquired?

Archived