C4 Forums | Control4

2.8 firmware

Just updated to 2.8 today....

The SR250 remote layout is mixed.  However, I really DO NOT like the artist, album, playlist search!  What happened to the hit the number method (ie tap the 5 button once for J, twice for K, thrice for L)???  As it is you are given each letter of the alphabet and have to scroll down until you find that.  The alternative is the ALL button which at first looks like the old search method but you still cannot tap the number buttons corresponding to the letter you'd like to start your search at.  I found this a downgrade!

I did notice you can now BACKUP to "THE CLOUD"  in the FILE menu.  Does anyone know how this works?

Cloud backup requires 4Sight. it works by backing up to hte cloud - no real difference from normal backup. Auto backup also available.

I do have 4Sight so might try backing up to their server just so it's available offsite for safekeeping.  Can the autobackup be placed on a schedule?

File -> Cloud Management

FYI - ONLY a ComposerHE registered to the proper account OR your dealer's (as in registered dealer on your account) with ComposerPRO can access them - not tech support, not someone that happens to have Pro, not C4 techsupport and so on.

Oh and there is no 'web access' to grab cloud backups from

Archived