C4 Forums | Control4

Denon AVR-X2200 & EA-1 HDMI Issues

ax255

Good Evening,

This may be more of a Denon issue, but it does involve Control4 GUI. I have an issue with a new Denon x2200 not outputting the HDMI signal from a new EA-1 to a new Sony x810c. The audio is processed just fine, so I know the input is "ok"...just no video is displayed on the TV. The EA-1 outputs video to the TV just fine without the Denon in the loop, plugged in using the same HDMI cable. Soon as the output is routed out the Denon, no picture. A brand new 4th Generation AppleTV , old Xbox 360 and an old Comcast RNG150 output through the Denon with no problems.I have changed out HDMI with different makes and versions with no success.

I have having the exact same issue with an old LG Blu-Ray player from 2013. I replaced it with a Sony BDP-s1500, and I am still having the same issue. Plugged in directly no problem, ran through Denon- no picture. For a split second I will see the LG logo, then the handshake completes, and I loose the picture.

Both the Control4 HDMI output and AppleTV HDMI output are 1.4. I am using a SnapAV b6 cable from the Denon to the TV and variations of b4 and b6 between the components and the Denon. I have tried the Comcast provided HDMI cable as well, no signal through the Denon. I am no HDMI version and compatibility master, but this is driving me crazy. I set up a EA-1 with a x2200 and a Samsung TV just the other day with ZERO problems, but I can not imagine it being the TV. It is also interesting to note that the Denon logo does not display on the TV when the signal is broken, I see only the Sony missing input screen. Everything has been updated , Denon, Sony Blu-Ray, EA-1. I have a sneaky suspicion it has something to do HDCP compatibility...but again, not an expert...I only know enough to get me in trouble. Obviously...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

On 3/18/2016 at 1:44 AM, 9800pro said:

Try disabling scaling options under HDMI settings menu on Denon. On two x3200 we had Denon used to upscale to 4K without any reason and the receiving device didn't show image.

Sent from my LG G2

Thanks, I ended up switching the cable to a lower quality HDMI between the TV and Denon. I did not try to disable the Denon upscale, I will look at that if this happens again. Thanks.

Note that there is a patch out for navigator crashing on EA controllers in certain circumstances - that may well be your issue. Select onscreen (and check the remote to make sure it says the controller on there, if not then there are missing connections), reboot controller - if you see any images show up -= then it's likely patch. If not, you're likely looking at things other than the controller.

Archived