C4 Forums | Control4

Disabling C4 dimmer/switch memory after power loss?

With our old dumb switches, if the power went out while the lights are on, we could still flip the switch so that the lights wouldn't come back on when the power did. With the C4 switches and dimmers (C4-APD120 and C4-SW120277), they seem to have a memory so that they'll go back to their state before the power went out. But if we go to bed, we don't want all the lights to come back on if the power comes back on in the middle of the night. Even a brief flash would be disruptive, so although I could set a rule to turn off all of the lights when the project loads, there will still be a time where the lights are on until then. Is there any way to completely disable the memory, so that the lights are always off after a power outage?

Thanks in advance.

Last setting is what you're thinking of I suspect, but that won't do it. In case of C4 SWITCHES, you may be able to still turn it off (never tried) as it's a relay. In case of dimmers, you can push the top bar (on the older devices, pull out the top tab) which will cut power internally - push back in the morning

• 1 month later...

@msgreenf, to follow up, I did end up replacing the HC-200's with EA-1's and updating to 2.10.6, and now I see the option you're talking about. However, as @Cyknight was saying, that's not the right option. Instead what that does is make it so when I tap the top button, it restores the light to the previous dim level, rather than the preset on level. It looks like the top bar on the switch is my best bet right now. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on with the ones that aren't working.

Archived