C4 Forums | Control4

Luma 4mp or 8mp

Topfox

Hey everyone,

Venturing into adding security cameras to my house. My usual dealer is quoting pakedge cameras, and another vendor is quoting Luma 4mp domes or 8mp domes. Im trying to be a little cost conscious, so Im wondering if the 8mp domes are really worth it or if the 4mp will be just fine.

My goal is to basically see the perimeter of my house all the way around and the recreational areas we have in the backyard.  All the cameras would be installed around 30ft high from the soffits. 

Also, is it fairly trival for a C4 dealer to remote program these cameras into my existing C4 setup?  The dealer quoting the Luma cams is not a C4 dealer, but Imthinking its not terribly hard to add them to C4  and could easily be done remotely since Luma advertises C4 integration.  As we all know its usually a lot cheaper for someone to remote configure than local dealers.

Thanks!

I'm liking the Pakedge cameras.  Just received my first order of 4MP Varifocals and hopefully will get these up and running this week.

Simple integration, great picture.

Didn't really answer your question though.  If you just want general coverage, 8MP would be a bit overboard if you ask me.

Archived