C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung TV IP drivers - Guide button? Emby?

xc420

I’m using an IP driver for a Samsung 7 series but the guide button for off air antenna doesn’t work.  That is the only thing missing, it would be a shame to have to use an IR emitter just for the guide button.  Are there any Samusing TV IP drivers that have a guide button?

Also, for the Smart Apps, I have Netflix and Amazon, is there a driver to quick launch Emby on a Samsung TV?

I have a smart app driver for Emby on the Fire TV which uses QLAUNCH but the Samsung TV has a Tizen OS and I don’t have a serial port to debug and create a driver.

• 2 weeks later...

I encounter this when setting up an 8 series TV using the C4 driver, Guide button does nothing which in the UK where people do actually use the built in VHF/UHF tuners and the associated built in TV guide. Lacking such a fundamental function renders the IP drivers pretty useless in that case.

I ended up removing IP driver and using my tried and trusted self-made IR driver which has all the buttons mapped to the correct functions and has custom macros for hiding the Home bar immediately after switching inputs. Here it is for anyone else who may find this useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/56w6tf8659bqf5z/tv_Samsung_UE55KS7000 (IR).c4i?dl=0

The Guide button works in the SmartThings app.  They probably over looked adding it. Here's the QLAUNCH for Emby on the FireTV if anyone wants it.               

QLAUNCH android-app://tv.emby.embyatv#Intent;component=tv.emby.embyatv/.startup.StartupActivity;end\r

i was talking about getting favorite channels to work with Tivo.  In general, you have to have the cloud driver with proper bindings first.  Then under the media tab, you put in your zip code and scan.  Then you can pick the favorite channels and edit the channels you receive.  I posted to change the TiVo property from ‘set channel’ to ‘numeric keys’ because that is the only way I got favorite channels to work with TiVo.  That driver property  is for the TiVo only.

Archived