C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - VSSL A.1 provides Spotify Connect, Google Cast and Apple Airplay 2 to Control4 systems! (FREE DRIVER)

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.png

VSSL A.1 provides Spotify Connect, Google Cast and Apple Airplay 2 to Control4 systems!

Enjoy your music like never before. The VSSL A.1 gives you audio streaming in your house. Listen to any app in the world using Google Cast, Apple AirPlay or Spotify Connect all within Control4. 

The FREE driver developed by Chowmain will integrate the VSSL A.1 device via IP with the following functionality 

Features

• Automatic discovery upon entering MAC address 
  • Self Healing if IP address changes occur 
  • Simple setup of Automatic Room On assignment for amplified upon audio endpoint binding 
  • Automatic detection and display of streaming source via navigator (Airplay, Google Cast, Spotify Connect) 
  • Play/Pause/Stop/Skip Next commands for streams. 
  • Discrete Volume, Volume Up, Volume Down control and feedback 
  • Discrete Mute On, Mute Off, Mute Toggle and feedback. 
  • Metadata for streams 
  • RCA, Digital Optical, Digital Coax Input switching. 
  • Automatic Room on for 3rd party devices (receivers and other amplifiers) connected to the outputs. 
  • Front Panel LED control 
  • Line Level Output Fixed / Variable Volume Configuration 
  • Max Volume Configuration 
  • Source Priority Configuration 
  • Subwoofer Crossover Configuration 
  • Mono Output Configuration 
  • Disable Auto Switch on Inputs Configuration 

FAQ 

Why is this product exciting? 
We now have a method of integrating Google Cast, Apple Airplay 2 and Spotify Connect into Control4 from a single source with automatic room on. Add it to any AVR or just use the built in amp with some speakers for seamless integration. 

Where can i purchase the hardware? 
You can purchase the hardware directly from VSSL or via one of their distributors. See link below for more details. 
https://www.vssl.com/ 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver including downloads 
Chowmain Website 

How do I buy the driver? 
The driver is FREE of charge. 

Who do i contact for technical support? 
This driver is supported directly by VSSL. 

VSSL+A1+-+2.png

VSSL+A1+-+1.png

• 10 months later...

I assume if I were to connect VSSL A.1 to my C4 audio matrix or EA5, I would need to use the C4 app or a touchscreen to select the VSSL as the listening source in the room I am before airplay2 from phone? 

Is there anyway to automate this so it would work like Shairbridge (ie. have multiple instances of the VSSL Driver in the rooms where I have audio so on my phone I would see VSSL kitchen, VSSL outdoor, etc - i select which one to airplay2 to & that room auto-ons)?

thx

59 minutes ago, ee999 said:

I assume if I were to connect VSSL A.1 to my C4 audio matrix or EA5, I would need to use the C4 app or a touchscreen to select the VSSL as the listening source in the room I am before airplay2 from phone? 

Is there anyway to automate this so it would work like Shairbridge (ie. have multiple instances of the VSSL Driver in the rooms where I have audio so on my phone I would see VSSL kitchen, VSSL outdoor, etc - i select which one to airplay2 to & that room auto-ons)?

thx

Why not just use Shairbridge?

7 hours ago, ee999 said:

thx

It doesn’t work like that.  If you want multiple zones you should get the A3 or A6

• 1 month later...

Hello alanchow, I would like to install multiple VSSL A.1 in an house, with a Control 4 system EA-5,

can you tell what is possible to do and what is not possible, to play music from a smartphone (like play the same music in all the room from VSSL, send music from VSSL to an another room there is the EA-5,...)

Thank you for your help

If you are going to install multiple units i would just go for a VSSL A.6 instead.

Note that VSSL won't play audio through an EA-5 without another VSSL connected to the EA-5 via one of the physical inputs.

You should reach out to VSSL as they will advise what the best configuration is for your particular setup (they know Control4 well).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.