C4 Forums | Control4

Garage Door(s) and blink LED color on Switch or Dimmer

Kahn

I have three garage doors monitored/operated with contacts/relays on an IOX.

On a bank of three switches/dimmers - what's the best programming to change the bottom LED to red and blink periodically when a garage door is open and back to blue when closed?

Create a Timer (agent) and set it for the amount of time you want between LED blinks when the garage door opens.  Click the Repeating check box too.

I haven't tested this idea but the timer should be programmed to start when the contact sensor opens and should timer should stop when closed.  when the relay is closed, set led current to the status of the light(s) using if statements (on or off).

Every the time the timer starts (or repeats), you could program a series of led color changes and finish off on red.  eg, if sensor open --> set led current to red, delay 500ms, set led current to black, delay 100 ms, set led current to red, delay 500ms, set led current to black, delay 100ms, set led current to red (last led color to sit on if sensor still open).

make sense?

• 4 weeks later...

As usual there is probably a hundred ways of doing this, but I had a go tonight and this seems to work.

• In Timer Agents, create a new 1 second Timer "GarageDoorOpenBlink".
  • Assign a Keypad Button to Operate the Garage Door Opening.
  • I use a Double Tap to make sure the Keypad button is not accidentally hit,  inadvertently Operating the Door Open or Closed.

Now test state of the Garage Door Relay itself.

• When Garage Door is Opened - Reset Timer "GarageDoorOpenBlink", which starts timer running.
  • When Garage Door is Closed - Stop Timer "GarageDoorOpenBlink", which stops timer.

Now test state of the new Timer "GarageDoorOpenBlink".

• Door Closed
  • When Timer is Stopped, then set Keypad LED to LIME colour
  • Door NOT Closed
  • When Timer is Started, then Delay 1/2 second and then set Keypad LED to RED colour
  • When Timer is Expired, i.e. Door is NOT Closed and Timer has expired, then Delay 1/2 second and then set Keypad LED to BLACK colour, then RESTART Timer.

Regards

David

image.png

image.png

image.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.