C4 Forums | Control4

Roon

Time2Jet

I have been playing around with Roon. I haven’t yet purchased a nucleus.

My question is that although it picks up all of my sonos zones nicely and I can group or single out those rooms, I want to add a powered Samsung Atmos system to my master. Does anyone know if it will integrate? I don’t want to drop $2500 on the nucleus if it doesn’t. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a C4 driver for Roon that works only if you have a nucleus. The problem is the driver has a bug that prevents multi-zone playback from functioning properly. Roon has been aware of the bug for over a year, and I have kind of lost hope that they will fix it.

Apart from zone grouping, the integration is really good. However, the lack of reliable zone grouping is a huge flaw IMHO.

On the plus side, I love the Roon app, and it is still my go-to interface for music. It works really well with Sonos and a variety of high-definition streamers. And the Roon app really enriches the listening experience.

There is a C4 driver for Roon that works only if you have a nucleus. The problem is the driver has a bug that prevents multi-zone playback from functioning properly. Roon has been aware of the bug for over a year, and I have kind of lost hope that they will fix it.

Apart from zone grouping, the integration is really good. However, the lack of reliable zone grouping is a huge flaw IMHO.

On the plus side, I love the Roon app, and it is still my go-to interface for music. It works really well with Sonos and a variety of high-definition streamers. And the Roon app really enriches the listening experience.

Roon is the closest thing thing to perfect you’ll find, but for these seemingly easy to fix items that always linger. Then without fixing what’s broken they’ll add another great feature. Crazy. .They always scare me as to how much longer they can sustain. In a sense, they’re a always teetering on going out if business.

Do you have any screen shots of the interface on C4? I’m just curious. For all of the above issues, didn’t buy a nucleus yet.

5 hours ago, time2jet said:

Roon is the closest thing thing to perfect you’ll find, but for these seemingly easy to fix items that always linger. Then without fixing what’s broken they’ll add another great feature. Crazy. .They always scare me as to how much longer they can sustain. In a sense, they’re a always teetering on going out if business.

Do you have any screen shots of the interface on C4? I’m just curious. For all of the above issues, didn’t buy a nucleus yet.

Sure, some screenshots are linked to below.  The C4 integration is really pretty awesome, but as you note, the multi-zone playback bug is unlikely to get fixed. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tzf94kx5d95vfm/Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 10.17.07 AM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys3jm0cyy8c94rh/C4-Roon.Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 10.16.38 AM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y8tk3kx344urnx/C4-Roon.Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 10.15.03 AM.png?dl=0

• 4 weeks later...

The screenshots look great.

Roon just undated it’s OS to 1.7, did that change anything with C4 grouping? I find it so hard to believe. They have diehard fans, but a lot of them are old-school audiophiles. C4 just isn’t a big deal to those types.

24 minutes ago, time2jet said:

The screenshots look great.

Roon just undated it’s OS to 1.7, did that change anything with C4 grouping? I find it so hard to believe. They have diehard fans, but a lot of them are old-school audiophiles. C4 just isn’t a big deal to those types.

Nope! It is always the first thing I check whenever I see an update, and I am always disappointed.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.