C4 Forums | Control4

DSC TL280LER and CA-1 serial wiring

Christian87n

Question

To anyone who has worked with this specific communicator/controller combo....The DSC manual states to use only RX+, TX+, and GRD. I have tried both the cable that it came with and a CAT5e to make the connection to a CA-1 and it doesn't seem to communicate. I have studied the wiring recommendation and understand that port 4 is ground, 5 is RX (connected to TX+), and 6 is TX (connected to RX+). Has anyone done anything different? 

The other issue I'm seeing is subsection 851[422] is 000000000000. Per the instruction, you use only the first 8, but I'm wondering if that code is invalid. Any thoughts? I have followed the instructions and don't believe I missed anything. I have tried both serial and IP connections and the only thing I see in Composer is that it shows the software version for the communicator, so I believe it is talking about it is stuck in "Establishing Connection"

I do have an EA3, but that is in the living room and connected to a switch that is then directly connected to the main switch. The CA-1 and DSC TL280LER are connected to the same switch. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Thanks, 

1 answer to this question

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.