C4 Forums | Control4

newbie here - help with spotify please

musicallou

Hi All.  Would appreciate any help.  Have recently moved into a house with C4 and am trying to maximise my usage and understand why it is 'worth it'?  I've had it updated and serviced so should be working properly.  I've linked Alexa myself so can give commands to switch lights on and off but I can't work out the music.  It seems to be that I select music from my spotify app (on phone), and then I have to go to the room I want it to be in on the C4 app and tick the rooms I'd like.  

I can't see how to be able to go to spotify from within the C4 app or controller on wall?  Is this possible?  Also, I used to be able to tell Alexa to play music eg Alexa play Madonna in the kitchen or bedroom etc, and it would play on my Sonos and now I can't get her to play out of the C4 speakers, only by going via spotify app, and then C4 app.  Not very user friendly to have to go into 2 apps to get music in the right place?  Am I going wrong somewhere?

Thank you for any help or advice!

Autostarting is the big thing.  That way you can start playing to Control4 from within Spotify, but if you want to add multiple rooms then you likely will need to go into the C4 app as well.

Depending on how your system is set up you might be able to use Alexa to play music in Control4 but it can be kind of complicated and you need Echo devices to be connected to the amps that you are using in Control4.

You can also favourite albums, playlists etc within the C4 app. Start the playlist playing once via Spotify app and select a room to play it in on C4 app and then hit the 'Heart' button to favourite it. You can then select and play that Spotify playlist in any room entirely from within the favourites list in the C4 app

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 3:45 AM, msgreenf said:

You need to have your dealer link Spotify playlists to buttons on keypads

You also probably should setup spotify targets per room (not generic) that allow zones to auto started

You can't use ALexa to play music in c4

Have you tried the epic-systems Echo Driver?

On 1/6/2021 at 1:15 PM, Crustyloafer said:

You can also favourite albums, playlists etc within the C4 app. Start the playlist playing once via Spotify app and select a room to play it in on C4 app and then hit the 'Heart' button to favourite it. You can then select and play that Spotify playlist in any room entirely from within the favourites list in the C4 app

I don't find the "Heart" button in the C4 OS3 Android App. Any suggestions?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.