C4 Forums | Control4

Velux KLF 200 Integration

benm

Hello,

Is anyone able to shed any light on integrating a Velux KLF 200 into Control4 please?

Velux appear to have a comprehensive API which is open and well documented, however I have heard (anecdotally) that it can be quite buggy so I wonder whether this is why I can't find any drivers?

Alternatively, the unit can be triggered using its local dry contacts which I'm sure I could get working with the KNX Blinds Driver (the relays would be on the KNX bus) and it would be fine but obviously I wouldn't get any feedback or absolute positioning and it seems a bit convoluted.

Any thoughts welcomed!

Cheers,
Ben

Hello Ben, 

I just use the relays from the processor and bind them to the dual relay blind driver. 

you can suppress some fake feedback too and it works well, ONLY if the user operates the windows from control4 only.

If they use the velux remote too then it causes things to get out of sync. 

Set the relays on the KLF to be hold rather than pulse, so the longer its held the more the window will open, if that makes sense. 

Do your setup on the KLF Web GUI and then just link the window or group of windows to 2 relays on for open and one for close. 

I have done many of them and they work really well to be honest with you. 

You could however just set the relays to pulse for open and close rather than having them hold.

Thanks

Muj

That's really helpful, thank you!

Out of interest, why do you hold the relay rather than pulse it? Do you then release it after an arbitary maximum travel time you've calculated, or do you leave it closed until you want to travel in the other direction? Is this how you're creating the fake feedback?

Cheers,
Ben

6 hours ago, benm said:

That's really helpful, thank you!

Out of interest, why do you hold the relay rather than pulse it? Do you then release it after an arbitary maximum travel time you've calculated, or do you leave it closed until you want to travel in the other direction? Is this how you're creating the fake feedback?

Cheers,
Ben

I release the relay when the travel time I need is done! The 2 relay blind does all this for you, just need to set it up via the properties :)

yep thats how im creating the fake feedback!

Thanks 

Muj

On 1/25/2021 at 1:17 PM, Unsocialtoaster said:

Thanks for the detail on how to do this @mujtaba.khokhar, we have job coming up with about 6 KLF200s on it and I was expecting a nightmare! Now I have somewhere to start I'm not quite so scared 😂

Don't worry about it, if you need a hand let me know. not a million miles away from reading. 

Thanks 

Muj

• 2 years later...
44 minutes ago, Pavel Kvicera said:

Hi,

we are close to release driver for KLF200 and looking for BETA Testers, Please let us know if you have venetian blinds and/or velux roof window and you would like to BETA test.

Thanks,

Pavel

Hop Soft

Hi Pavel -- happy to test the driver.

Cheers,
Ben

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.