C4 Forums | Control4

Suddenly only 1 apple WiFi device can successfully get into the Control4 app

So then this is interesting… it works for 1 Apple device and no other Apple devices. Shouldn’t all devices be able to connect when on Luxul networks?  My iPhone can connect to C4 if it is on the Verizon network (FIOS provided) and it can connect if it’s on a Luxul SSID. But no other Apple devices can connect ever. 

It sounds like you have 2 networks in your house.    If luxol devices are on one network, and fios wifi is another it will never work locally.  Would suggest one of the remote dealers to do a session with you or a local dealer to see what’s up and help with turning one or the other off.  

On 7/4/2021 at 4:55 AM, DHD said:

When we moved into our house we inherited a Control4 system. It was upgraded after we moved in to OS3. At some point we had a 4Sight license so we never noticed any device app issues. That license has expired and now only 1 iPhone can log into the app. Every other iPhone/iPad that tried gets the message to retry or get a 4Sight license. 

This is only being accessed on our home WiFi (FIOS) so there is no reason we should need that license.  

I haven’t found much to help troubleshoot online but I’ve seen a few comments say network issue and I saw one thread that pointed to a DNS issue and suggested changing the router dns to OpenDNS. 

One other thing we have noticed since using this system is that for no reason at all our streaming music stops for 30 seconds and they resumes.  Could this be related in any way?

Has anyone experienced the app connection issues and had success changing the router DNS?

thanks!!

DD

Can u renew ur subscription? I mean u still having this issue since July 4th till date because u didn’t renew the $100 for 4Sight or am I missing something else?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.