C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos doesn't turn off during Room Off

AshMania

Hi

I have a Sonos Arc soundbar and Sonos Subwoofer connected to HD Fury Arcana and a projector and my video matrix.

For the most part everything works fine, but when I turn "Room Off", Sonos doesn't pause or stop playing - I continue to hear sound from the Sonos Arc/Subwoofer.

Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong (in terms of setup or connections)?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, msgreenf said:

you have no audio out of the sonos driver into anything. You need a fake path

@msgreenf - How do I go about creating that?  Can I use any Audio Out from the Sonos? And what am I binding it to (nothing shows up the list of options for that room)?

Sorry, I am sort of new to the Sonos - Control4 setup...

28 minutes ago, DanITman said:

@msgreenf why would you need something coming out of the arc soundbar? 

This is a unique setup where you are using the sonos arc with a projector.  So you are sending the audio through the matrix.  Try making the Video audio endpoint the matrix and not the sonos.  That might fix it.  Not sure. 

It is indeed a strange setup as this is in the bedroom.  Couldn't put a TV due to large windows in front of the bed.  And didn't have the ability to run lots of wires and do a full audio setup.  Plus the Sonos Arc also serves as a good speaker for music.

If I make the video endpoint the matrix, then there is no connection to the projector - then, the projector won't turn on/off - no?

12 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

There is no audio out path I'm the dri er connection. It doesn't know how to route the audio. 

There video's audio endpoint is the Sonos - isn't that good enough to know how to route the audio?

Everything is working fine when I watch a video source, the audio matches the video and I am able to change the volume via my C4 remote - the only thing that I can't seem to do is turn off the Sonos sound when I do the "Room Off" function.  So, isn't the audio being routed properly?

I also tried programming the Room Off event for the room to STOP the Sonos Arc - that didn't work either :(

And FWIW - I have another Sonos Arc connected to my TV and that works fine.  But I wonder it the sound stops, because the TV is off and therefore the sound is not being sent to Sonos via the TV's ARC connection.  And in the bedroom, on room off, the projector turns off but that doesn't stop the video matrix from continuing to send the audio to Sonos and therefore the sound keeps coming through.

17 hours ago, AshMania said:

It is indeed a strange setup as this is in the bedroom.  Couldn't put a TV due to large windows in front of the bed.  And didn't have the ability to run lots of wires and do a full audio setup.  Plus the Sonos Arc also serves as a good speaker for music.

If I make the video endpoint the matrix, then there is no connection to the projector - then, the projector won't turn on/off - no?

Not the video endpoint.  The "Video's Audio End-Point", set that to the matrix.  The Video should be the projector. 

The reason it doesn't stop playing is because the matrix is still sending audio and sonos will continue to play it as it detects input audio. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.