C4 Forums | Control4

Sony A80J TV "best" way to control by C4

drmark12pa

Question

Just wired in my new TV and wondering if there is a best way to have Control4 control this TV.   in the menu set up for remote there is a slider bar for C4 which I have selected to on.  I also have authorization set to normal with authentication key.  Everything is working fine via Control4 once I turned on Simple IP  but I am just wondering if this is the best method to control the TV.  And the instructions clearly as seen in the photo I have attached there is an RS 232 cable input and I do have an EA3 controller  close to the TV so I could visibly use the RS232port.  Just wanting some opinions if there is a best option for controlling the TV with Control4.

remote control.jpg

3 answers to this question

Webapi gives you some of the most control options. 

simple ip is less energy efficient

serial control is ok if you have the wire and prefer not to network control. I have everything ip control and just know that if you dont have a good network you will have problems.

15 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

Webapi gives you some of the most control options. 

simple ip is less energy efficient

serial control is ok if you have the wire and prefer not to network control. I have everything ip control and just know that if you dont have a good network you will have problems.

Without the Simple IP checked on the TV, Control4 doesn't control the TV via remote but works in Composer to control so I'm not sure why the difference.

On 12/1/2021 at 1:19 PM, drmark12pa said:

Without the Simple IP checked on the TV, Control4 doesn't control the TV via remote but works in Composer to control so I'm not sure why the difference.

think you need to use a pass code when using the web control so need to make sure everything is configured properly. Simple ip is simple so needs less steps in order to work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.