C4 Forums | Control4

Govee driver - Any chance RGBIC/RGBICWW or things like temperature sensors/air purifiers will be supported?

416to305

The Govee driver works well but it doesn't seem to support RGBIC (multi zone/colour lightstrips or Outdoor Ground Lights etc) which are what many Govee products are now and instead sets it to a solid colour.  Any chance that this will ever be added?

Same with the other Govee devices, like they make an air purifier, leak sensors, humidity and temperature sensors etc.

Would be handy if so as they seem to come out with new products all the time.  I like their outdoor lighting but I don't want every single light on a strand to be the exact same color when the Govee app itself lets you specify the color per light or section of the strip.

2 hours ago, 416to305 said:

The Govee driver works well but it doesn't seem to support RGBIC (multi zone/colour lightstrips or Outdoor Ground Lights etc) which are what many Govee products are now and instead sets it to a solid colour.  Any chance that this will ever be added?

Same with the other Govee devices, like they make an air purifier, leak sensors, humidity and temperature sensors etc.

Would be handy if so as they seem to come out with new products all the time.  I like their outdoor lighting but I don't want every single light on a strand to be the exact same color when the Govee app itself lets you specify the color per light or section of the strip.

As much as we would love to do this (and believe me we do as i have them in my house as well) unfortunately we cannot.

Govee's API has limited hardware support and is limited to solid colors, color temp and brightness only.  As such modes like movie mode, music mode and various effects cannot be implemented.  Its something that we requested but had no response from Govee about.

API linked below for your reference.

https://govee-public.s3.amazonaws.com/developer-docs/GoveeDeveloperAPIReference.pdf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.