Jump to content
C4 Forums | Control4

Composer Media Edition - Backup Question


panamagixxer

Recommended Posts

I am working on my music collection, when I close the Media Edition, it asks me:

Do you want to backup the current project?

Yes

I select yes and choose a name.

Do you want to backup the media infromation associated with this project?

Yes

Step 1 of 3 - works

Step 2 of 3 (Database) - works

Step 3 of 3 - Cover art - fails

error - the system cannot find the file specified

Any ideas? I can't find any settings that might help?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 4 weeks later...

I see the same problem all the time and I'd like to investigate it, but I don't have much to go on. The Composer ME error message gives no indication where the problematic file is or what name it's expecting. The two or three cover art files I've added are unchanged and in their original location, so there's not much to do there.

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if it's anything you can fix yourself Bender - something is corrupt or broken is what it sounds like. This would be a call to the dealer and have them get on the line with support to fix. They'll most likely have to telnet into the controller itself to investigate exactly what's going on. I would "suggest" getting it fixed before adding tons of music / cover art - as WORST CASE fix is going to have you blowing away the media database and re-build it from scratch (and the more you put in after this error, the more you'll have to re-build it).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
Did you ever find a resolution to this? I'm having the same problem, and think it may be related to an overall issue I'm having with my media center sometimes just failing to be able to read the mm.db?

I never found a solution -- can't speak for the original poster. Eventually, the mm.db got so bad that it wouldn't show any of the dozens of CDs I'd ripped at the end. At the dealer's advice, I blew away the mm.db file. That made the MC rebuild the DB, but I lost tons of hand edited file names (since MC can't handle diacritic characters from non-English languages) and cover art and whatnot. Since then, I haven't been motivated to re-add cover art (at the risk of losing it all again), so I haven't seen the Composer ME error. :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 years later...

This topic has been stale for a while, but I figured I'd ask. While I was away, the mice played and my dealer installed a new version of Composer ME for me when he had to swap out my controller for a new one. I was at 1.7.4 and am now at 2.5.2. Everything worked before with the older version of the software, but now I'm receiving this error. Has anyone found a solution in the past 6 years? I hate to blow away the database because then I have to get the bluray changer to load up 250 discs to rebuild it. It's one of those Sony 400-disc changers and it ain't exactly quick,

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

? been numerous ones about this since. You can simply export the media lists required before deleting the mm.db file, the import again afterwards. The xml files created by the export do not contain the corruption from the mm.db file in 99% of the cases (exceptions are occasional foreign or odd symbol characters causing grief).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use win 8 and 8.1 every day no prob, I doubt it's that - ME really is just a stripped version of the Pro I use. I'm more worried there may be a project corruption (fixable, but only if a dealer sends it in to control4) or worse yet a memory problem on the controller (not overly likely but still...).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, they lost my original project file and had to make a new one from scratch when installing the replacement controller. I suppose if the tech has something in there that's messing with the file, it can be fixed. Or C4 is another option if they send them the file. I don't have a very complicated implementation, and the biggest thing I'm worried about losing on a regular basis is the Media list for the Bluray changer. I can export that to XML in the meantime, but I'd sure hate for the thing to lose it's mind over the Christmas holiday. Back to a dozen remotes....

 

I'll see what they say when I speak to the dealer later today and update the post when I finally have a fix. Thanks for all your help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...