C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody Error

I am having problems with my Rhapsody on C4.

When I try to activate a channel I get no sound and the message "Stream Error:Rhapsody error."

Rhapsody works just fine on my computer so it is not an internet error and I am getting Rhapsody just fine to the house. I tried re-booting my HC300 but I still get the same error code. Any ideas?

Today I cannot get anything on Rhapsody - very irritating - is there a contact phone number that I can get in touch with them to get it resolved?

Bill

Bill' date='

I have had luck with this number--866-597-5505[/quote']

Wow - thanks!

Bill

Texas bill. Did you get your rhapsody error resolved? I had/have the same problem that you did

No - I did not -

The phone number was PERFECT - they checked my account everything works on my computer and also my iphone, but C4 cannot get anything to play.

REALLY frustrated.

1. re-booted system (which I NEVER have to do) - no go

2. refreshed navigators - no go

3. recreated my account in C4 - no go

Sure would like some ideas - I just get spinners and nothing loads - nothing - no data from rhapsody.

Bill

Run Gibson's DNS tool and input the top two into your TS.

I used to use SPINRITE back in the day when hard drives had more issue than the current day. Good stuff. I did not know about this tool. Thanks for recommending it.

Now - I found that the primary DNS is much slower than the secondary one - where do I go to change this?

Thank you for your help so far.

OK - further update -

I have been told that I cannot control the DNS servers by my ISP - I can put them into each computer connection - but I have no idea how to do that with Control 4.

The good news is that something else was wrong - no idea what - but the living room was displaying on my C4 touchscreen and it would not close out that connection - meaning that it showed even when I said close all zones and it asked - Close the Living Room and I indicated yes it was still there.

I rebooted C4 and now everything is working. Live and learn.

Bill

• 1 month later...
Bill

Does this mean Rhapsody is working??? please say yes.

OK - Rhapsody works - it works great.

There is something though where FREQUENTLY when I log into C4 on my iPHONE or iPAD or on the key pad and alter a playing set of songs that it will "hit an error" and quit playing. I then have to go and log back in to Rhapsody.

So - does it work - yes - if you have a party and start a long group of songs they will all play - no issue - however - if yu try and demo how cool this is to your friends you are likely to have to reset and log in again to Rhapsody and then hit the forward button on the list to the next song.

So am I irritated? Yes - does it work - usually.

Would I get it again - yes.

Do I like it - yes.

Would I like C4 to fix THEIR issue? YES!!!!

Bill

Archived