C4 Forums | Control4

Should I upgrade to HC800?

Here's what I have today (more or less)

HC1000

HC300 (alarm, and doorbell connected, no TV)

HC300 - Home Theater

HC200 - Kitchen TV

HC300 - Bedroom TV

HC200 - Backyard TV

There are lots of lights.  I don't store any videos or music.  Mostly use the system for controlling the TV's, and lights around the house.   I don't run the OSD at all. 

I've been having some problems with the HC1000 randomly going offline or locking up.  Nothing unplugging and replugging doesn't fix.

Mentioned the problem with the 1000 to my dealer, he recommended taking advantage of the promo for the 800 to replace the 1000.

Thoughts?

Any advantage other than MyHome Licenses and future proofing for new software versions.

thanks

there was a promo given to dealers to swap out 1000s for 800s but it had to be a 1000 that was never registered to a system (basically C4 trying to help out a dealer who has old 1000s in stock that they can't get rid of).  not sure if dealers read the fine print on that one.  not sure how control4 is handling it if a dealer tries to swap out a 1000 that has been registered.  

there was a promo given to dealers to swap out 1000s for 800s but it had to be a 1000 that was never registered to a system (basically C4 trying to help out a dealer who has old 1000s in stock that they can't get rid of).  not sure if dealers read the fine print on that one.  not sure how control4 is handling it if a dealer tries to swap out a 1000 that has been registered.  

Wow--been talking about this here for at least a couple months and never heard this caveat before.

I know the posting wasn't about the promo but you did mention it. There's already a whole thread debating whether the upgrade from 1000 to 800 is necessary or worth it.  Answers have been pretty inconclusive but I am back to leaning towards an upgrade for future proofing.

I'd indeed swap it, soon. There is or will be a promo (details not on hand) for upgrading controllers. A 1000 will run 2.6 fine as such but if you're having issues now...

From the top of my head the Promo should be...very reasonable.

Archived