C4 Forums | Control4

Rack equipment size

tebery

I am thinking of updating my equipment and in doing so, would like to reduce the number of pieces and size of the rack.

Currently have 2 c4 audio matrixes, 2 v3 16 channel amps, B&K component matrix, c4 am/fm/xm tuner, 4 DTV boxes, 800, 200, 2 popcorn hours, roku, Sony single DVD player.

The matrixes and amps take up the most room.  What is available and reliable that can take up less room?

What do you have 2 C4 audio matrixes for?  With 2 amps it seems like you have 16 or less audio zones so one matrix seems like it would suffice.  Def ditch the C4 tuner, that thing is of no use.  replace it with a sonos which you can get on a shelf with something else.  that's a start to free up some space.

What do you have 2 C4 audio matrixes for? With 2 amps it seems like you have 16 or less audio zones so one matrix seems like it would suffice. Def ditch the C4 tuner, that thing is of no use. replace it with a sonos which you can get on a shelf with something else. that's a start to free up some space.

We use our tuner daily. Not all of the local stations are available online without going through their interface

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

some additional info would be nice in regards to how many audio zones do you actually, etc. 

another question would be how many people live in the home and what are their viewing and listening habits? Without knowing the lifestyle, it is hard to answer.

I really don't see how taking out a 2U tuner and replacing it with a Sonos that still needs a 2U shelf.  That and considering the tuner still works when the internet is down, like during a severe storm - So personally I would add the Sonos as an extra source and leave the tuner, if I were to do anything, but that's just me. 

Not sure why you need two audio matrix units. 

Archived