C4 Forums | Control4

Hue lag

This isn't really a C4 question, but a lot of folks have hue lights, so I thought someone may have an answer.

I've tried submitting a trouble ticket to Philips, but they have been unresponsive.  

Anyhow, here goes;  About a month ago my hue lights started becoming extremely laggy, or completely unresponsive.  I think it was just after a hue update, but I'm not 100% sure.  I haven't added any new wireless stuff in my house, so I don't think interference is the issue.  After a week or so of the lag, I decided that maybe the hub had gone wonky, so I bought one of the new hubs and transferred the 14 lights and 2 lightstrips to the new hub successfully.  Once they transferred over, the lag seemed to disappear... for about an hour.  I have tried changing the zigby channel, and just applied another update last night, but the lights are still either nonresponsive or have ~20-30 second lag.  The lights will randomly show as disconnected in the app, and then just as mysteriously reconnect...   I even moved the hub out of my office (where it had been running wonderfully for years) and moved it into a room where there are 4 bulbs.  

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

Sounds like some sort of interference is going on.  Could be coming from your neighbors house.  Hard to track these issues down without the proper testing gear/software. 

You can start by shifting zigbee to ch25.

Also WiFi analyser on the android is good for looking at the other wifi in your hood.

Archived