C4 Forums | Control4

Room = Internet Radio -- ???

I just upgraded from control4 V 2.5.2 to 2.9.   When I would select an Internet Radio station - I would check the Room Audio Selection to see if it was Digital Audio - and when it was, it would change the 6 pushbutton color to a fusia color.   Likewise if it was changed to RADIO it would change the 6 pushbutton color to BLUE.

when I turn the room off, I set the LED's to BLACK

Going to version 2.9 -- if I go to Room Audio to Radio -- pushbutton changes to BLUE.   If I go to Internet Radio, pusbhutton does not change - stays BLACK as if the room has been turned off.

How do I detect if the Room Audio is set to Internet Radio?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Essentially the program is -- if Kitchen audio = digital Audio then set Kitchen source to 3

Where 3 -- sets my pushbuttons to Fuscia -- letting me know I am on Digital Audio.   Likewise Kitchen Audio = RADIO - set pusbhutton to RED -- with Kitchen source = 2.

So when you say I might have to "Reprogram" - delete the line that says Kitchen Audio = Digital Audio, and add a new line with the same ?

Thanks

18 minutes ago, TesterGuy2008 said:

Thanks for your reply.

Essentially the program is -- if Kitchen audio = digital Audio then set Kitchen source to 3

Where 3 -- sets my pushbuttons to Fuscia -- letting me know I am on Digital Audio.   Likewise Kitchen Audio = RADIO - set pusbhutton to RED -- with Kitchen source = 2.

So when you say I might have to "Reprogram" - delete the line that says Kitchen Audio = Digital Audio, and add a new line with the same ?

Thanks

Pretty much correct... that (deleting and re-programming) should fix it. Even if the code line looks identical, it won't be identical due to the update referred to above... 

Hope that makes sense!

You could try to rewrite the code completely.

Do this in the room current_selected_device variable.

To do this,

In programming tab, or left side select the room, press right three times on keyboard to expose the red variables.

See image.

4ca0a8d8169c060c4b7eac115bee0f8e.jpg

Then nest your led colouring under each question mark.

Don't forget to add a "when room turns off" set led black.

Consider deleting the digital media cloud and re-adding it. This sometimes helps with this sort of thing.

Happy Automating!

YES !!!!  That worked -- instead of going to ROOM checking the device go to - select Current selected device in room variables, and check if it is = digital audio -- which is internet radio -- and this worked.

Thanks for providing alterations - weird how the other devices worked just fine.

Archived