C4 Forums | Control4

message popup on living room tv best practice

ecschnei

Question

I'm interested in setting a text popup on my living room tv to fire off during a scheduled time to remind my son to get his morning chores done before he gets to watch tv.  can anyone tell be best practice for achieving this?  I have my schedule already added but I want it to show on the living room tv no matter what source he's watching and I only see option for the navigator window...I want it to be on his viewing screen.

TIA

3 answers to this question

Havent tried this before, would like to hear what others come up with. But i would make a "chores time" variable and have 2 schedules to turn the variable true and false when needed. As well as make a custom button somewhere that he would have a hard time finding that will change the variable false for manual override. Maybe name it something totally unrelated. There isnt a good way to do an overlay since the controller itself doesnt have a video input to feed the cable box or whatever source he may be trying to watch through to the tv

And in programing when the video source in room x is selected> put in a delay of 5 seconds then if the chores time variable is true>fire the announcement then add another delay and turn the room off

Archived