C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Audio Library Challenges

Hi,

Just wanted to relay that I've been experiencing some glitchy behavior when using my C4 navigator to access my music library via the My Music button on screen.    I have a EA-3 synced to my music library which resides on a Synology NAS.   I have a large music library of around 23,000 tracks with about half off them being a high resolution format (my memory on the EA-3 doesnt appear to be anywhere near maxed).   What I see sometimes is that when scrolling through artists,  on occasion it truncates my A-Z artist library.   Then a few minutes later it truncates another portion of the A-Z library then it reappears.   Also,  sometimes I get into a artist, then see the album, then see the track, hit play, then it just appears to be trying to play the song, then kicks out of the screen back to the C4 navigator menu.   It can sometimes do this a few times, then finally work.  Or sometimes I then switch to another track and then go back to the one I was having an issue with an in all of a sudden works then.  At some point or another when I do get the song to play, the high resolution formats I have in my FLAC library aren't a problem with the EA-3.  It can play them per the specs.   

Just for reference, I have in my home an Auralic music server that I have never seen any issues with (no offense to C4, but the software for the Auralic is much better than the C4 2.9.1 when it comes to music).  I have also on my PC, Jriver Media center which none of these issues.   I mention the above as I don't think the problem resides with accessing the Synology NAS.

Appreciate any thoughts and also wanted to share my challenges on this...

I had exactly the same problem shortly after OS2.9.1 came out. My dealer reported it to C4 (although I never heard anything back).  I rolled back to OS2.9.0 and the problem disappeared.

My setup is similar to yours... A synolgy NAS, an EA5 although probably only 10,000 or so tracks.

As well as what you describe, I would have it play a number of tracks fine and then fail on one further on and simply turn the zone off.

I am really hoping that 2.10.0 will fix the problem a si have never rolled back an OS version before.

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

Can you run dlna on the synology? That would be better I think. I have over 400k tracks without problem

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I can run dlna but prefer to use Minimserver if you think that would be better than accessing directly to the Synology?

7 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I had exactly the same problem shortly after OS2.9.1 came out. My dealer reported it to C4 (although I never heard anything back).  I rolled back to OS2.9.0 and the problem disappeared.

My setup is similar to yours... A synolgy NAS, an EA5 although probably only 10,000 or so tracks.

As well as what you describe, I would have it play a number of tracks fine and then fail on one further on and simply turn the zone off.

I am really hoping that 2.10.0 will fix the problem a si have never rolled back an OS version before.

Thanks a lot man,  this helps to to know i'm not alone on this.... I would rather just hold out until the next upgrade vs rolling back to 2.9.0...   Have you tried using via DLNA like mentioned above?   Thanks

7 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

Thanks a lot man,  this helps to to know i'm not alone on this.... I would rather just hold out until the next upgrade vs rolling back to 2.9.0...   Have you tried using via DLNA like mentioned above?   Thanks

I must say that I am not sure (not enough of a techie to know what that means!).  I am out of town for the rest of the week and will check with my dealer next week when I am back.

It was an interesting problem.  My dealer originally assumed that one of my drives had corrupted or something like that. It was only on my insistence that the problem arose when we upgraded to OS2.9.1that he reluctantly agreed to trying a roll back (fully expecting to prove me wrong - fortunately we are friends so he got over being proven wrong himself fairly quickly :-)). As soon as we rolled back the problem disappeared so I have no doubts that in my case the OS version is the problem (I just don't know how or why!).

If I don't already use DLNA (whatever that means), my dealer will be trying it next week!

Archived