C4 Forums | Control4

Fire TV / Fire Stick Driver

We have two Fire TV in our Project.

One in the living Room and One in The Master Bedroom both work fine.

Our issue is that the Fire TV switcher show in the wrong rooms - Living Room Shows in Master Bedroom and vis versa.

Anyone have any ideas on the one ? - Unable to use Fire Apps (YouTube ETC)

I have 3 fire TV's on my system no issues, that definitely sounds like the navigator settings withing composer are the wrong way around. Or maybe something to do with endpoints withing the fire drivers.

Gary, I would be glad to do that for you! Please change your account dealer to audio video unlimited LANGLEY
To confirm, our address is 19705 on 56th Ave., Langley British Columbia Canada

Happy Automating!!

3 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Not sure why Living Room only shows in Master and Vis Versa

Its driving me Crazy - Even AK1 could not get to work !!!!

I thought they could have wrong IP address but they say that's not the issue !!!

Did the fire tv integration just stop working properly or was it not working right from the start?  I'm asking in case you renamed them. Normally renaming devices doesn't break anything but renaming did break all programming related to the echo dot driver (for a/v connection).  I had to modify all programming as the new name did not update in any of the programming.  Just wondering if renaming after bindings can sometimes cause this.

With some drivers I've had this experience. I'm not sure about the fire TV. We are going to experiment today by simply deleting all drivers and re-adding them individually with the correct names. Hopefully this works

Happy Automating!!

8 minutes ago, VINCELdUB said:

With some drivers I've had this experience. I'm not sure about the fire TV. We are going to experiment today by simply deleting all drivers and re-adding them individually with the correct names. Hopefully this works

Happy Automating!!

Ya. Whats important is the cause but whats "importanter" is the fix!

36 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Did the fire tv integration just stop working properly or was it not working right from the start?  I'm asking in case you renamed them. Normally renaming devices doesn't break anything but renaming did break all programming related to the echo dot driver (for a/v connection).  I had to modify all programming as the new name did not update in any of the programming.  Just wondering if renaming after bindings can sometimes cause this.

We only got round to add the YouTube App a few weeks ago (My Wife Likes Yoga) and we found it did not work - My dealer was at a loss.

Had a new local dealer come round and he updated some drivers and had a look at the issue that's when we spotted Master Bedroom was in the Living Room and Via versa.

Just lift it until I posted this morning - Vince is now playing with our system !!!

Archived