C4 Forums | Control4

Heating controls

Clayton

Question

Hello guys, I wish to add wireless heating controls to my control4 system. I need a system that has smart Trv heads aswell as wireless programmable room stays for parts of the house that have underfloor heating. Any manufacturers you know that are compatible with c4?

theres a new Drayton wiser system out but unsure if it's comparable

any advise greatly appreciated 

6 answers to this question

Hello guys, I wish to add wireless heating controls to my control4 system. I need a system that has smart Trv heads aswell as wireless programmable room stays for parts of the house that have underfloor heating. Any manufacturers you know that are compatible with c4?
Where are you located?

9 minutes ago, blub said:
20 hours ago, Clayton said:

Where are you located?

U.K. 

Not a great help im afraid, but i suggest staying away from the MAX! Cube system. I've only had one job where I've needed to use rad valves, the Max Cube was the one C4 suggested I use and it's been unstable since it's been in despite my best efforts working with C4 + EQ3 to sort it. 

When it comes to wireless heating control we install Heatmiser Neo primarily, but unfortunately they don't currently offer any way to control rads independently which are plumbed on a single zone.

U.K. 
Check out heatmiser if they have anything for your needs.

Then there is Danfoss with an ip system - not sure about c4 integration though

And Honeywell evohome or its successor - there should be drivers for it

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

I'm keeping my eye on this. I think Drayton have nailed it with this product, beats the pants of Nest from a functionality perspective, and heatmizer. The radiator valve control gives super simple individual room heating control, far far superior than just boiler or zoned area control.

C4 integration would be amazing!

I've actually used the 1st to market product of this type, sold by Aldous Systems, on a very large project as the valves link to Control4 through an Omni Pro II alarm panel (rubbish!), on paper the system would of been great, the valves worked on Zigbee (not C4 zigbee though unfortunately! so needed signal repeaters) and the valves having built in temperature sensors meant we could have independent radiator control without the client having drastic amounts of plumbing work done (36 rads in a Grade 1 listed building).... but it failed miserably! The quality was crap and the just did not function as I was told they would, they were replaced numerous times, and I'd even had a custom paint job done on them! Cost me a LOT of time and money and in the end we went back to standard manual vales until the market develops and a better product available... I think (hope) this might be it :)

Just need someone to write the driver. I believe a few people have made good progress with this on the OpenHAB forum, doesn't help C4 users though I dont think

Archived