C4 Forums | Control4

PiP or video overlay

JEC

I am looking for a solution that allows a video “window” to show over an existing HDMI feed to display popup cctv footage on motion detection. Similar to PiP. Anyone know if something exists that is controllable by C4 or an external trigger? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Netplay by Videostorm has this option.  And they have a "home" edition that is DIY vs their Pro edition that is for dealers.  The Home edition can handle this feature.  When my doorbell rings, if a TV is on, I get a live PiP feed in the lower right corner so I can see who is at the door
http://www.video-storm.com/
Jap can also do this

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pretty cool but the tv I want to pip with cctv is hooked up to a receiver that does source switching. So I don’t need all the matrix capability of the video storm. Looks like a bit of overkill.

Is there a c4 controller connected or a dvr with HDMI connected to the tv or receiver for the room you want to do this in? You can get a cheap HDMI switch that has picture in picture and just program the controller or dvr to flip to the desired camera and pull up the small window in the corner for 30 seconds then go back to full screen

Thanks sonic30101. Seems to be most reasonable solution. But having a hard time finding one that can be controlled via ir and won’t bugger up a 4K feed. The tv is connected to an Integra 50.7 (hdbaset tv to avr).

On 12/30/2017 at 8:15 PM, JEC said:

Pretty cool but the tv I want to pip with cctv is hooked up to a receiver that does source switching. So I don’t need all the matrix capability of the video storm. Looks like a bit of overkill.

the DIY version of Netplay wouldnt super overkill and would give you some other features too like XMBC/Kodi, etc.  and do not need a dealer to install/purchase.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived