C4 Forums | Control4

uploading announcement file - network path not found

I am trying to upload a new announcement .wav file but I am getting a "network path not found". I am running trough VPN directly to site, and have set the network as private, in case there was anything with that. But still I am getting this error.

Is there another way to manually uploade the file trough Putty / WinSCP?

18 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Is Samba 1 enabled??  Win 10 uses samba 2 and disables 1.  Need to turn 1 back on.

I do have the SMB enabled. But still not working. Or do you mean something else than this?samba1.thumb.PNG.dde8752e0e6a061430f36ccaa8976922.PNG

8 hours ago, VegardK said:

I am trying to upload a new announcement .wav file but I am getting a "network path not found". I am running trough VPN directly to site, and have set the network as private, in case there was anything with that. But still I am getting this error.

Is there another way to manually uploade the file trough Putty / WinSCP?

if you are dealer there is a KB article for this.

if you are consumer its best to do this while you are at home, through the vpn with windows 10 is tricky. I have gotten to work but most of the time it does not.

32 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

if you are dealer there is a KB article for this.

if you are consumer its best to do this while you are at home, through the vpn with windows 10 is tricky. I have gotten to work but most of the time it does not.

I am a dealer, and I have read the KBs but none of those I found have helped. You remember the KB number? 

18 minutes ago, VegardK said:

I am a dealer, and I have read the KBs but none of those I found have helped. You remember the KB number? 

also you can call into tech support and they can help you trouble shoot it or can even load the file for you.

5 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

1760 is the one i refer to

Yeah that one I have read, but none of those helped. I will call tomorrow, as it was a "bank holiday" today and it was closed when I called. 

Thanks 🙂

6 hours ago, CRE2000 said:

Maybe i am wrong but seems like you guys are making this too difficult. I have plenty of .wav files for multiple applications. I, more than happy to help. Do you have a 4sight account?

The problem is when doing this offsite through VPN. When I am locally there is no fuss at all. 

3 hours ago, CRE2000 said:

ddns or possibly have someone onsite using TeamViewer or similar? 

I am the dealer, we use a VPN IPSec L2TP connection. TV would be good, but customer does not know, and would then need to install composer etc. And that would only solve the problem for this time with this customer, not for other projects.

I will have a call with Control4 UK and see what we find out....

The problem seemed to lie with the VPN blocking something, not sure what as I haven't had time to dig into this. Using the integrated remote connection worked eventually. But it was really slow and one of the reasons I rather use our own VPN solution. 

Archived