C4 Forums | Control4

Cant seem to turn on my AV Receiver

deadsquirrel

Hi, I can see both my denon AV receivers on composer but cant seem to switch either of them on programmaticly or via the monitoring tab. The on/off buttons are there and i can click on the on button, it turns green to indicate on but then switches back to gray immediately as i let go of the mouse button and the received remains off.

When i click on watch Sky on my remote it does switch everything on so i know it CAN be done but for some reason it wont do it through Composer HE. 

Any ideas? 

Ok, so i have it working perfectly. I say "alexa, turn on TV" and the avr turns on, Tv turns on and sky box turns on. It even presses cancel buttin to get out of the new default planner so it goes straight to TV. 

but Is there a way i can set the channel? There is an option on the driver but it does not seem to do anything and nothing in Device specific commands . Ideally i would like specific commands made such as "alexa, Watch bbc news" and for it to do all of the above + set channel to 503 on the skyq box. Tried a delay of 5 seconds but even from Moitoring it wont work so im assuming its a driver issue?

Go to the room in question and select the desired video source and all the appropriate items will turn on and switch if the bindings are correct. Also if you set up your channels in the media tab you will be able to call up favorite channels without doing the numbers and delays

Archived