C4 Forums | Control4

New system on Tuesday!!!

rgulley

Guys,

My dealer is coming on Tuesday to install/program my C4 system. I AM EXCITED. I have quite a few pointers from here. Here is what I have.

Rack Mounted

HC1000

H300

2-C4 8 zone amps

integra dual tuner

2-direct tv sat boxes

yamaha 3010

Vidabox SlimV3

Wirepath 9 channel security

Apple TV

Remote mounted

Pioneer Elite 50" (older) (with H200 behind)

Samsung LED 55" (new)

Samsung 42" (older)

Controls

2-sr-250's ?

Ipad

Iphone

Android Phone

10.5" main screen in kitchen (older from ebay, I do believe V1) I am told it will not run apps?

I have currently 14 zones of music, a 6.1 setup in the hearth room (temp till theater room down the road) I know I need the lighting and other things as well. Thats all next yeat when finishing the basement.

Does anyone have any suggestions, tips, or advice on set-up? What I should watch for with my dealeAnything is helpful

THanks!

Guys,

My dealer is coming on Tuesday to install/program my C4 system. I AM EXCITED. I have quite a few pointers from here. Here is what I have.

Rack Mounted

HC1000

H300

2-C4 8 zone amps

integra dual tuner

2-direct tv sat boxes

yamaha 3010

Vidabox SlimV3

Wirepath 9 channel security

Apple TV

Remote mounted

Pioneer Elite 50" (older) (with H200 behind)

Samsung LED 55" (new)

Samsung 42" (older)

Controls

2-sr-250's ?

Ipad

Iphone

Android Phone

10.5" main screen in kitchen (older from ebay, I do believe V1) I am told it will not run apps?

I have currently 14 zones of music, a 6.1 setup in the hearth room (temp till theater room down the road) I know I need the lighting and other things as well. Thats all next yeat when finishing the basement.

Does anyone have any suggestions, tips, or advice on set-up? What I should watch for with my dealeAnything is helpful

THanks!

Drop the 1000V3, HC-300C and the HC-200. Get the new HC-800 and the HC-250. Then sell that old 10.5 on eBay... Then ask dealer why are you selling me older equipment?

Glad you're excited but I'm really troubled by the equipment that was spec'd. The new hc 800 is essentially a replacement/uPgrade for the hc 1000., incorporating much of the I/o available in a hc300 to boot.

The 10" TS is not being sold any more either. Buy the new 7" portable or a 7" IE TS and mount it in a 4" table top kit so it sits on the counter.

Hate to say it but you're in for trouble with your dealer. Find a new one - unless there's more to the story, you're being taken advantage of.

How long ago was the hc800 out?? I have had the equipment for a month or so. Its all new. As far as the 10.5, i new that was old. I bought it from ebay for a song, and they said they could incorperate it into the system. Would the HC1000 be a matter of money?

Their portion was this

Yamaha 3010

hc1000

2 8zone amps

hook-up

programming of all things involved

$12,800.00

Is this acceptable as well?

How long ago was the hc800 out?? I have had the equipment for a month or so. Its all new. As far as the 10.5, i new that was old. I bought it from ebay for a song, and they said they could incorperate it into the system. Would the HC1000 be a matter of money?

Their portion was this

Yamaha 3010...........?

hc1000.................. $1595

200 .......................$ 499 with remote

300 .......................$ 699 with remote

2 8zone amps..........$2495 x2

hook-up..................?

programming of all things involved.......?

$12,800.00

Is this acceptable as well?

Do you already have the equipment listed above??? As said if you don't have the equipment yet I would get the 800 then you don't need the 1000V3 or the 300C. Dealer rates will be different depending on location. They have to make money but my opinion is they don't need to make it all on me so if you are happy and he will take care of you in the future then you only know that.

I knew the TS was old and will not run apps. (so I was told) I just wanted to get something in the wall as permenant for the kitchen, so the wife can not lose it.

Is it in yet? If not so yourself a favor and get an Infinity Edge.

How long ago was the hc800 out?? I have had the equipment for a month or so. Its all new. As far as the 10.5' date=' i new that was old. I bought it from ebay for a song, and they said they could incorperate it into the system. Would the HC1000 be a matter of money?

Their portion was this

Yamaha 3010...........?

hc1000.................. $1595

200 .......................$ 499 with remote

300 .......................$ 699 with remote

2 8zone amps..........$2495 x2

hook-up..................?

programming of all things involved.......?

$12,800.00

Is this acceptable as well?[/quote']

Do you already have the equipment listed above??? As said if you don't have the equipment yet I would get the 800 then you don't need the 1000V3 or the 300C. Dealer rates will be different depending on location. They have to make money but my opinion is they don't need to make it all on me so if you are happy and he will take care of you in the future then you only know that.

rgulley,

An HC800 instead of the 1000/300 combo you have spec'd would leave you 1300 ahead so you can get a touchscreen or 2. It really depends on the return policy or contract you signed. If they don't have proper paperwork or return policies in place and didn't display the policy at their store you should be able to return the product for a full refund. That would be kind-of a mean thing to do to them, but you could potentially offer to pay them a 20% restocking fee as a peace offering and still be ahead.

Go talk with them and see if they are willing to do anything for you.

equipment is mounted, boxes gone, but not running yet. I will see what I can do. I still plan on a infinity edge, I just thought the 10.5 in the wall was kinda cool. I plan on expanding the system fairly soon, just wanted to start here. I am building, in trim stage, and want to live there for a while to decide what else to add. I plan on adding all lighting for home, barn and property.

The hc800 was announced early Jan 2012 and is shipping now. It was in beta for some time prior to that. If your dealer participates in the beta program he was well aware that it was coming down the pipe.

As far as the 10" in wall. I don't know what the retrofit options are. But in the future you may have some serious sheet rock work to do when you go to replace it with a modern day shipping touch screen.

I appreciate the feedback. Yas, deal was made mid December. Equipment has been here since then.

You will love your system. I have two 300C, one 200B, one 200 and the 1000V3 and my system is solid. Have your dealer setup the Internet radio on your system it is awesome with that and the Rhapsody you you will have plenty of music. Make sure you get the my home site license its $500 then you can add unlimited devices iPad, iPhone etc.

I still would put the 10.5 on eBay and sell it. We have iPad, three iPhones and two LT computers identified on the my home app. Of course we still love the SR-250B remotes have five.

I appreciate the feedback. Yas' date=' deal was made mid December. Equipment has been here since then.[/quote']

You will love your system. I have two 300C, one 200B, one 200 and the 1000V3 and my system is solid. Have your dealer setup the Internet radio on your system it is awesome with that and the Rhapsody you you will have plenty of music. Make sure you get the my home site license its $500 then you can add unlimited devices iPad, iPhone etc.

I still would put the 10.5 on eBay and sell it. We have iPad, three iPhones and two LT computers identified on the my home app. Of course we still love the SR-250B remotes have five.

^ What he said... yup.

You are gonna love your system. I loved my DIY house that was done on X-10 technology with "STARGATE". This (C4) however makes it pale in comparison.

Bill

Archived