C4 Forums | Control4

How do you add a "device" to scan for media in HE?

wappinghigh

Thanks Dan. I'll try this out (with the one) share I have set up...

This issue is kinda like adding the iphone/ipda/idevice license issue.

Control4 has to understand it is a major inconvenience to ask/get a dealer to add or tweek additional devices..be they mobile phones or "shares"..

It is a MAJOR inconvenience for customers. The irony is, it delays the implementation of their own C4 product. It's costly. And it takes forever.

They simply have to change this.

Thanks Dan. I'll try this out (with the one) share I have set up...

This issue is kinda like adding the iphone/ipda/idevice license issue.

Control4 has to understand it is a major inconvenience to ask/get a dealer to add or tweek additional devices..be they mobile phones or "shares"..

It is a MAJOR inconvenience for customers. The irony is, it delays the implementation of their own C4 product. It's costly. And it takes forever.

They simply have to change this.

I agree. I wonder if the issue is taking the time and making the decision about what things (like a file share) an end user should be able to add.

Regarding the adding of MyHome devices...that is just plain ludicrous. You should be able to put in your my.control4.com credentials and be good to go.

Ok. So I've managed to edit my share and get some movies from the Dune into ComposerHE. My Dune Duo has Jame's DD driver. My library is a mixture of 3 formats all on one of the HDD's of the Dune.

Why is it that when I play a movie direct from the navigator screen, or SR250, some won't load properly, then when they do , the movie is "staggering"..or "skipping". But When I navigate onto the Dunes' GUI, the very same movies play just fine..?

Some of them are folder based _TS or whatever it's called, with the folders populated with some old scaper data..

Could this be the reason?

Gotta luv this movie library stuff :)

Cheers

Are the movies stored *on* the Dune?

I think the earlier version of the driver had an issue where if the movies were being played *on* the dune, it was still requesting them over SMB, where they should be requested as *FILE*. The additional overhead of both serving the file over SMB and playing it over SMB (even localhost) caused issues.

I unfortunately don't remember the details, but that'd be my guess. I don't have any media on my Dune, so I've never actually experienced this.

RyanE

With internal storage it shouldn't do this (I know from looking at your system you have a recent driver). However, if the IPs are off or something it may be defaulting back to the old (over SMB) method. For all users (regardless of where your media is) you can usually stop or minimize skipping by going to setup/misc./system and enable/turn on FAST SMB.

However, if the IPs are off or something it may be defaulting back to the old (over SMB) method.

That's exactly what the issue was. All sorted now.. (with one drive in one Dune)..

The goal is to get 2 Dunes...one Duo and one Prime (ie 3 x 2TB drives) with central media library control, all co-ordinated via Composer..

Archived