C4 Forums | Control4

web navigator problem

I have problem using web navigator to access HC300 remotely. After a long awaiting "loading controller devices...", then end with the message "Connection Status: There was a problem connecting to the controller. [6705501]". Is there any of you have ever been experienced with this problem? What caused of these? Tq.

I have problem using web navigator to access HC300 remotely. After a long awaiting "loading controller devices...", then end with the message "Connection Status: There was a problem connecting to the controller. [6705501]". Is there any of you have ever been experienced with this problem? What caused of these? Tq.

You've brought up a horrible nightmare that I experienced.

When I initially had my system installed, the HC300 with 4Sight seemed to work fine. Then I started receiving the error that you mentioned intermittently. Rebooting the HC300 would seem to fix the problem, but it would reoccur without warning. Not to bore you with the intermittent troubleshooting steps which lasted about a year, my dealer finally decided to swap out the HC300 with a new one and to use mine in his showroom. He noticed that the unit continued to malfunction in his controlled environment and only then was he able to get Control4 to acknowledge that it was a bad controller. The new HC300 that he installed in my house has been working fine for almost a year.

Of course, I have no way of knowing whether this is the case with your HC300, but it is one of many possibilities.

I have problem using web navigator to access HC300 remotely. After a long awaiting "loading controller devices..."' date=' then end with the message "Connection Status: There was a problem connecting to the controller. [6705501']". Is there any of you have ever been experienced with this problem? What caused of these? Tq.

You've brought up a horrible nightmare that I experienced.

When I initially had my system installed, the HC300 with 4Sight seemed to work fine. Then I started receiving the error that you mentioned intermittently. Rebooting the HC300 would seem to fix the problem, but it would reoccur without warning. Not to bore you with the intermittent troubleshooting steps which lasted about a year, my dealer finally decided to swap out the HC300 with a new one and to use mine in his showroom. He noticed that the unit continued to malfunction in his controlled environment and only then was he able to get Control4 to acknowledge that it was a bad controller. The new HC300 that he installed in my house has been working fine for almost a year.

Of course, I have no way of knowing whether this is the case with your HC300, but it is one of many possibilities.

thanks god, thought I'm just the only person with this nightmare...and, you know what, I did also have a swap one from a dealer for HC300, but with no lucky like you...so, if you thought was right that the controller faults caused these, then I was the person with two faults of controller...OMG.

How is the director installed in your network (what is your network architecture)?

my HC300 installed with FC connection, 1Mbps internet conn, static ip, managed by linksys WRVS4400 router, with default setup. this controller was done fine in locally, never had problem, but when accessed by 4sight, the unexpected and unpredicted problem appeared. this HC300 has already swapped by dealer with a new one a week ago, but the problem seem not getting solve...

1mb isn't going to be fast enough, IMO. What's upload speed and latency (ping)?

we have 1:2, mean 512kbps for upload. but, I think the internet speed wasn't the issue...like, the dealer showed a demo with just 300kbps (regular conn. speed) without problem thru 4sight, and when I asked whether they have problem kind like this, they said never.

Archived