C4 Forums | Control4

how to enable/disable lighting scenes in a specific room location

I was playing with my SR-250 remote and noticed that while on the Hometheater location, I can select certain lighting scenes

If I change location using the remote, the availble lighting scenes change

Is there a way to program which lighting scenes are available on a specific location?

The way I get to the lighting scene is by clicking on the LIST button -> LIGHTS -> Lighting Scenes

under system design..........select room you want to make changes in.

ont that rooms property page........select the navigator tab, ltg. scenes will be in the menu

select that........then you can hide or make visible ......to that room

then just follw this to every room you want to change it in

I'm on 1.7.4

But since there are certain scenes not available on certain rooms, I assume there must be a way to hide/enable the scenes

I believe back on 1.7.4 it had to do with the lights being in that room. That was a long time ago though, my memory of 1.7.4 is foggy.

I also thought it had to do with the lights in the room, but the way it is setup now, on certain rooms there are lighting scenes that have nothing to do with the room it self, thus there is definitely a way to select which scenes are available where

My question is if back in 1.7.4 this was only possible with composer professional, not the Home Edition

I'm on 1.7.4

I am of the impression that the lighting scene will only appear on the menu if the room contains a light in the lighting scene.

I have created a few 'dummy' dimmers in rooms and added them to the lighting scene to allow the scene to be selected from the remote this way.

Very useful from the bedroom which only runs a reciever - no lights - I can bring up the all off scene or outdoor lighting if required without having to change locations or get up.

thanks for the reply

I also thought it would work this way, where the available scenes would be the ones where a light from the room is in the scene.

I went through each room with my remote and on certain rooms that is true, but on many others not.

For instance, the scene ALL OFF is avaliable on all rooms, which makes sence

But on the home theater room, where I have 3 different lights, I see lighting scenes specific to our master bedroom

All my house is controlled via C4, with more than 70 dimmers/switches and probably more than 25 different rooms (bedrooms, living room, dining, room, balcony, all bathrooms, etc..

Archived