C4 Forums | Control4

Can't identify C4 thermostat

tiba21

I bought a C4 thermostat some time ago and have problems identifying it. It was advertised as being "Zigbee Pro". But here's what I've tried so far:

- did reboot of thermostat

- did factory reset of thermostat

- tried to go into Network Tools in Composer and do a Embernet update (couldn't get to identify - tried all 14 available channels)

- tried to change my zibee channel on controller from 22 to 14

I think I've literally tried everything. I can't find/remember the way to find what channel the thermostat is running on. But I'm assuming that the radio is bad in thermostat or that it's not really Zigbee pro as I'm running on latest OS and zigbee version.

Any ideas????

What does it look like? What is it's model number?

Are you sure it's a Control4 Residential Thermostat? There are some hospitality thermostats that have made it to eBay, which you will never get to identify.

RyanE

I bought a C4 thermostat some time ago and have problems identifying it. It was advertised as being "Zigbee Pro". But here's what I've tried so far:

- did reboot of thermostat

- did factory reset of thermostat

- tried to go into Network Tools in Composer and do a Embernet update (couldn't get to identify - tried all 14 available channels)

- tried to change my zibee channel on controller from 22 to 14

I think I've literally tried everything. I can't find/remember the way to find what channel the thermostat is running on. But I'm assuming that the radio is bad in thermostat or that it's not really Zigbee pro as I'm running on latest OS and zigbee version.

Any ideas????

I bet it's one of the Hospitality thermostats...did you buy on eBay?

You also need to make sure the thermostat has left the previous zigbee mesh. 13 left taps, 4 middle taps and then 13 left taps.

I did a factory reset, wouldn't that make it leave the old network?

But, I either losing my patience or doing something wrong, but neither of those button sequences trigger a response. Just to be clear, when you say "left" button, that's the button next to the center button (aka Fan button), right?

You also need to make sure the thermostat has left the previous zigbee mesh. 13 left taps' date=' 4 middle taps and then 13 left taps.[/quote']

I did a factory reset, wouldn't that make it leave the old network?

But, I either losing my patience or doing something wrong, but neither of those button sequences trigger a response. Just to be clear, when you say "left" button, that's the button next to the center button (aka Fan button), right?

I can't remember which one of the two and I don't want to reidentify mine to test it out, try both ways.

All you guys are the shiznit!!

Just did it and identified it and now it's starting the flashing process. I assume I can kick back at this point as I thought I would never get it to identify.

Thanks again!!! :D

• 3 years later...

Archived