C4 Forums | Control4

New Control4/Lutron RadioRA2 Driver

The updated driver fixes:

The updated driver fixes an issue where the keep-alive function in Control4 version 2.0 or higher would not automatically reconnect to the RA2 Main Repeater in the event of connectivity loss.

Feature sets made available though Control4 Composer:

1. Dimmer inputs

2. Keypad inputs

3. Switch inputs

4. GRAFIK Eye inputs

5. Visor Control inputs

6. Shade inputs

If desired, further integrate the Lutron RadioRA 2 system with Control4 using one or more of the following capabilities:

1. Binding [Connections, Control/AV, Button Link]

2. Lighting Scenes [Agents, Lighting Scenes]

3.Programming (events, conditionals, actions) [Programming]

The update is available directly from Lutron or the dealer portal section at www.HouseLogix.com/dev/

I am working with a dealer on a possible C4 implementation in my home, but was looking to use Ra2 for lighting. This announcement is good news. One question - I was looking at the Sivoia QS Wireless cellular shades as a possible window shade solution - I could not tell from your website whether these shades were included on the Ra2 driver functionality - are they?

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I have a question concerning this post... I download the new driver from the lutron web site and all is setup in my hc-800. The DHCP of my lutron main repeter is disable and i put a fix IP adress : 192.168.1.50.

When i go in the network tools, i see the lutron main repeter online and is work but when i close the control4 software and i re-open, the main repeter is offline???

Is there any cost or other benefit using the Lutron Dimmers vs C4?

Some people prefer the looks or already have a Lutron investment. You lose the ability of expanding your zigbee mesh, programming led color changes on events, double taps, etc when not using Control4 lighting.

I started with two C4 dimmers for the theater and went with Lutron's Radio RA2 for the rest of the house. I prefer Lutron's fixed repeater network which is pretty fast and very reliable since it uses a lower frequency (431-437 MHz).

Radio Powr Savr is Lutron's occupancy/vacancy sensor. There are different versions (wall mount, ceiling, hall,corner) to cater for various situations. I have a hall and corner mount installed which works pretty well.

C4 dimmers do not have status LED on the sides to indicate the level of brightness. Not a big thing but I personally find it useful especially when setting up scenes.

Price wise, they are nearly the same. Both were purchased from licensed dealers so some discounts were applied.

I started with two C4 dimmers for the theater and went with Lutron's Radio RA2 for the rest of the house. I prefer Lutron's fixed repeater network which is pretty fast and very reliable since it uses a lower frequency (431-437 MHz).

Radio Powr Savr is Lutron's occupancy/vacancy sensor. There are different versions (wall mount, ceiling, hall,corner) to cater for various situations. I have a hall and corner mount installed which works pretty well.

C4 dimmers do not have status LED on the sides to indicate the level of brightness. Not a big thing but I personally find it useful especially when setting up scenes.

Price wise, they are nearly the same. Both were purchased from licensed dealers so some discounts were applied.

Thanks for elaborating on this. I guess that neither of the product lines has motion detect built in to the dimmer itself? IMO a remote sensor can be installed in the ideal position but an integrated (in the switch box) sensor makes for a cleaner look.

Archived