C4 Forums | Control4

In Wall Component Box

ILoveC4

Hey guys, I'm on the hunt for a few boxes to mount in the wall behind some TV's. Something that I can install an outlet in to, and a balun, and have room for an HC250 down the road if I so desire.

Something like this:

recessed-outlet-box-behind-wall-mounted-hdtv-carlon_full.jpeg

But that seems a little small. This unit is bigger, and is what I'm leaning towards right now:

DSC_2499.JPG

There is also this one:

59a1c060ada02b672567f110.L.jpg

I've never used a product like this before...is there anything I should watch out for (besides the obvious will it fit in the wall) when selecting one? Any brands stand out as being much better than the others?

Thanks in advance guys...I need to make a decision today.

Dan,

Did you end up doing the Snap or Hydraconnect HDMI matrix?

I haven't bought one yet! I am likely going to go with the Snap A/V unit because of the HUGE difference in what I can buy them for. The Hydraconnect is sweet, but I don't need some of it's features (I wouldn't use the built in audio matrix), and I think the SnapA/V will serve me just as well. I'm just eagerly waiting reviews from the people that are using them.

I'll go revive that thread.

Sanus LR-1A? Not exactly what you are looking for but adaptable.

I couldn't see spending $150 each for that unit to "adapt" to what the others will do for a fraction of the price. Is there something special about that unit? The most expensive of the ones I pictured is the 2nd one, and it's less than 1/3rd that price.

Honestly, picks 2 and 3 in post #1 are not what I'd be looking to do. What are trying to do? 250 I see but what about power conditioning, is everything going through panel jacks or will you have flying leads?

So you have a mount system already? If yes, then pass it up. I installed many of these and they hold a power conditioner and cabling well.

I didn't get the fact that the Sanus is both a wall mount box, AND a mount for an articulating arm that holds the TV. That's a nice feature. $169 (CDN) is still a bit steep, but I like the concept.

Thanks

D.

Honestly, picks 2 and 3 in post #1 are not what I'd be looking to do. What are trying to do? 250 I see but what about power conditioning, is everything going through panel jacks or will you have flying leads?

Power conditioning is another reason to consider the bigger box...I could put an inline power conditioner there. I could also condition the power further down the line before or at the panel. At this point I don't have any power conditioning in place for these outlets. All that will be plugged in is the TV, and potentially a controller or powered balun sometime down the line. I just want the flexibility.

So you have a mount system already? If yes' date=' then pass it up. I installed many of these and they hold a power conditioner and cabling well.[/quote']

I didn't get the fact that the Sanus is both a wall mount box, AND a mount for an articulating arm that holds the TV. That's a nice feature. $169 (CDN) is still a bit steep, but I like the concept.

Thanks

D.

I too didn't realize it was a TV mount...I just saw it as an expensive "back box".

Now, if you were to hit the lottery you would be looking at Altinex for those goods. I have contracted with them on few designs of mine and they always come through with drop-dead product.

Archived