C4 Forums | Control4

HC-800 - Don't Run Navigator and Remote

I update a HC-800 to 2.2.1 firmware [ Version: 2.2.1.171726 ] , but now the Navigator don't auto-run more. The screen its locked on the IP.

PS: I force the load via composer ( Tool => System Manager => Status => Navigator [ Enable ] )

PS2: The remote ( SR-250 ) don't response in the screen but work fine direct in control buttons

Its possible to full reset HC-800 or reinstall the firmware? Or not needed?

Anybody has this problem?

Thanks.

Yes, see the screen ( Navigator ) via HDMI.

Navigator show up when force enable in the System Manager.

I try force the action with composer and screen ( change ), Play Audio, Flickr etc.

List Problems:

a) But can't use the remote in Navigator ( but works fine without the Navigator [ ex: Lights, video inputs, etc] )

B) The Navigator don't auto load in reboot ( i don't know is a real problem because i not remember is default navigator auto load or only "4 red button" is pressed.

Thanks a lot all the people with try a help.

Typically when this happens, as Matt mentioned above, you don't have the OnScreen binding setup for the room where the TV is located specified as the HC800.

You have to have both the A/V binding (HDMI) to the device (TV), but you have to specify for the *room* which controller is providing the on-screen display, as you could have multiple end devices that have A/V routes to multiple controllers.

RyanE

Oh, and forgot to mention: When you have the bindings setup properly, Navigator will get automatically enabled on the controller. When it's not, Director will shut Navigator down to conserve resources.

RyanE

I try say "light at the end of the tunnel", is an expression to tell if someone has any idea.

I even ask other dealers and they said they can be 'cause the SR-250 is the first device to enter the zigbee network. I suggested buying a dimmer from Control4 outlet to be the primary device. Does that make sense?

OK so English is not your first language, no worries:D

First call your distributor and demand more training.

Second go to your control4 folder (under documents) select the folder "projects"

Post the .C4P file that you are working on so we can look at it.

Brent

You have room definitions for the hc800 but you have 0 (zero) connections completed

You need to tell the project what port of your avr is the 800 connected to.

You also need to tell the project what is connected to the output of your receiver.

I am sorry but you need help from your distributor, this is not the place for BASIC knowlege as a dealer.

Brent

I am sorry and I do not mean to be rude, but you paid a markup (premium) to buy that equiptment, and part of that agreement is they have to support you.

I have told you what to do in shorthand but you paid someone to help you, and you should demand help.

Brent

You were not rude. Thanks again for all the help.

I'm a system engineer and developer LUA / C++. My real interest is to develop drivers for the different devices who owns the Control4 systems.

This system is my home and my goal is just to learn, so the agreement with the dealer is not only supporting me solve my personal problems since

I'm investing on their own.

Well that sounds great, but again if you do not understand the "basics" you will not get far with drivers. you must learn how to make connections and have a properly running system before you can write drivers, sorry but this is just a fact

I agree with you friend. I'm studying for it. But imagine that the rest could do correctly (at least I believe). They are my first steps in this world. But I learn fast. So I count on your help forum when possible. You helped me a lot. Thanks again.

Archived