C4 Forums | Control4

Remote connection issue--please help!

Have hc300 system that over the last couple of weeks started giving me remote connection issues with 4 sight. I can try to log in over a several hour period and says controller unavailable. Then all of a sudden I can connect. Definitely an intermittent issue but one that appears to happen daily. I do not believe my twc Internet connection is going down, but not sure what issue could be. I recently installed a new hc 300 since old one went dead on me. Router is a net gear which I have had for three years and previously gave me no problems. Any thoughts on potential solutions would be greatly appreciated. Very frustrating when I can't connect remotely since this is a vacation home.

Have hc300 system that over the last couple of weeks started giving me remote connection issues with 4 sight. I can try to log in over a several hour period and says controller unavailable. Then all of a sudden I can connect. Definitely an intermittent issue but one that appears to happen daily. I do not believe my twc Internet connection is going down, but not sure what issue could be. I recently installed a new hc 300 since old one went dead on me. Router is a net gear which I have had for three years and previously gave me no problems. Any thoughts on potential solutions would be greatly appreciated. Very frustrating when I can't connect remotely since this is a vacation home.

Had an issue like this and re-booted the router and all was well - have you tried that (assuming not since it is a vacation home?)

Bill

I tried this last time I was at the house and it immediately solved the problem. Started acting up again two days later when I left the house and has been off and on the past several days. Will work for a few hours and then I can't connect for several hours. Could the router be damaged?

Personally here are the facts:

1. I have a problem

2. re-booting seems to solve the problem

3. I am spending a lot of time worrying about this and trying to fix this

4. I can purchase a brand new router for less than $50.00

5. I am not poor as I have a vacation house

Easy peasey choice for me.

Bill

1. I have a problem

Bill

Love it!

1. I have a problem

Bill

If you are not poor you should not be buying routers for less than $50 to run an IP based home automation.

Cheap residential router will NOT run well with a Control4 system of more than 2 devices.

Archived