C4 Forums | Control4

pushingbox

C4rva

Have you updated the driver to include ability to include c4 variable values or attributes in your messages. I have your original beta version.

For example would be nice if it could email me temp in the house for example.

You can change the variables easily. Should work in the beta.

Just set the variables message and subject under the pushingbox icon in composer. Then use the send action in composer.

These variables correlate to $message$ and $subject$ for pushingbox. Under any service in pushing box just add the $messgae$ or $subject$ variables to any text box and when the scenario runs you will see your values from composer. Check out the guide in the zip file under file downloads in the forum.

Thanks for the kind words all.

You can change the variables easily. Should work in the beta.

Just set the variables message and subject under the pushingbox icon in composer. Then use the send action in composer.

These variables correlate to $message$ and $subject$ for pushingbox. Under any service in pushing box just add the $messgae$ or $subject$ variables to any text box and when the scenario runs you will see your values from composer. Check out the guide in the zip file under file downloads in the forum.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Hi C4RVA,

I think you are misunderstanding me

I program the message variable with a static text - "Like Garage Door is open" This is quite useful,

but what I was wondering, can you program something like

The temp is now <Temp from Tstat>.

If not did you have any plans to add this capability?

C4RVA. I assume this was not easy...

As a side note my pushingbox has stopped working after installing push-notify or upgrading to 2.4... not sure if one of these caused the problem or if it is coincidence. Anyone else had a similar problem?

( I can still send a test message from the pushing box website, sot it just seems to be Control 4 talking to pushing bas as the issue.)

C4RVA. I assume this was not easy...

As a side note my pushingbox has stopped working after installing push-notify or upgrading to 2.4... not sure if one of these caused the problem or if it is coincidence. Anyone else had a similar problem?

( I can still send a test message from the pushing box website, sot it just seems to be Control 4 talking to pushing bas as the issue.)

go back to connections and reset the IP. You have to reset it back to the api.pusingbox.com

Yes. You need to reset your connections after updates.

I'm going to work on the driver in the near future. Should be able to implement what your asking for. Unfortunately, travel and funerals are taking precedence right now.

• 3 months later...

http://s23.postimg.org/f2jmqqd0r/Variables.png

http://s22.postimg.org/n4qaf2h7l/Pushbox.jpg

I am having a pickle of a time trying to get this to work. Not having composer Pro I had my installer take care of the driver.

I have followed the direction to the best of my ability and still…..

I have set up pushbox and tested from site ….all ok

The link posted is the programming I have done and would appreciate it if someone could tell me if they see any apparent error.

At this point I am wondering if my installer set things up properly (bindings )

Thank you

msgreenf

Dealer did as you recommended as soon as he received email and now works like a charm, maybe even too well !

AS soon as I received confirmation of his entering the proper info I executed the action from Composer and voila it works.

Go get a coffee and there it is again, so the genius that I am thinks that possibly all the previous executes of the day before must of been

in some kind of spool because the push notificationS just keep on coming.

Ok the coffee is ready get up go get coffee and here comes more notifications …………..

Yep boso programmed the notifications on a motion sensor that is in range of just about everything.

Hey it works.

msgreenf

Dealer did as you recommended as soon as he received email and now works like a charm, maybe even too well !

AS soon as I received confirmation of his entering the proper info I executed the action from Composer and voila it works.

Go get a coffee and there it is again, so the genius that I am thinks that possibly all the previous executes of the day before must of been

in some kind of spool because the push notificationS just keep on coming.

Ok the coffee is ready get up go get coffee and here comes more notifications …………..

Yep boso programmed the notifications on a motion sensor that is in range of just about everything.

Hey it works.

lol! Be careful :) Notifications are great...until you have them on the wrong event!

Here is an example of a notification that worked great for me yesterday. But I knew the event happened because I did it....the alarm was going off....yeah...thanks, so now I got a push notification, an email, the chime in the house, the wife and the central station all telling me.....

• 1 year later...

I have been getting duplicate notifications from the pushingbox driver for months now.  I think it may have started after my system was upgraded to 2.6.0. (Never had a problem for a year prior)

Is anyone else seeing this?

I had been using prowl from pushingbox, so I tried it with pushbullet from pushingbox, but I still get duplicate notifications. (I was trying to eliminate Prowl as the problem)

Can anyone provide suggestions / help?

Thanks

Archived