C4 Forums | Control4

Custom Channel Problem

I can not get my custom channel line up to show up. I have added them using composer from the media tab. I selected Cable TV under the Broadcast tree. Channels added with name and description. Saved and refreshed but they still do not show up on any device ( IPAD,IPhone,MYHomePC,or my SR-250)

I am running 2.2.1

HC 1000

HC 300

HC 200

HC 250

What am I missing here? Any ideas?

^Is there a reason why CHANNELS cannot be linked to a specific cable input? Meaning, if there are a number of cable DVRs that cater to different family members, those DVRs might have different channel listings.

^Is there a reason why CHANNELS cannot be linked to a specific cable input? Meaning, if there are a number of cable DVRs that cater to different family members, those DVRs might have different channel listings.

not sure what you mean.... Like to have different custom channel lists for different cable boxes in the house?

^Is there a reason why CHANNELS cannot be linked to a specific cable input? Meaning' date=' if there are a number of cable DVRs that cater to different family members, those DVRs might have different channel listings.[/quote']

not sure what you mean.... Like to have different custom channel lists for different cable boxes in the house?

That's right. As it stands, it's one list and whichever source you are in, at the room level, is what you get. Just think about it, you are on a PC source and you select a channel. That ain't gonna work...

^Paul, thanks for the guidance. I now see the SOURCE tab and can pull box-specific, channels from all cable boxes. I have no idea why my dealer plumbed the cloud to all TVs in the house- clearly the wrong thing to do.

One last comment, it's interesting to note that the sub-menu for (channel)sources does not show on an SR-250- just the aggregate channel list.

Dealer logged in remotely and said it was bound. he is stumped and going to call C4 support. Any chance it could be the wrong driver? I have a Comcast Motorola dcx-3400 but the driver he used was for the DCT-3412.

BTW - I also am not able to add AM or FM Radio stations using the same method.

Anyone?

I'm not a dealer/installer but as near as I can figure, your specific probelm has nothing to do with the driver of the box. Channels show when a connection is made to the CABLE_NETWORK "cloud" as the call it. With no connections, you get no channels. Like I said, my dealer bound that cloud to all my TVs which I thought was odd but at least channels were showing on my TSs and SRs.

In composer go to a room name that you want to view the channels in. Select the property tab at the top right. Then in the middle select the navigator tab. Under tv and watch see if the cable cloud driver was moved to the hide section. If so then you need to move it back to the left side.

I have the same problem as zazel1 does. I setup my channels in Media Composer, however they do not work when I try to use them. I am presuming I need to have my dealer add a "cable cloud driver" to each of my DVR boxes and these drivers will bind the CableTV lists I create to the individual DVR boxes?

I have the same problem as zazel1 does. I setup my channels in Media Composer, however they do not work when I try to use them. I am presuming I need to have my dealer add a "cable cloud driver" to each of my DVR boxes and these drivers will bind the CableTV lists I create to the individual DVR boxes?

Correct.

Pharmd,

Thanks for response. Got it to work in my theater room by making the Cable TV device visible, there was already a cable device visible (not Cable TV). But it seems there is no Cable TV device in the other rooms to even make visible, although there is a cable device visible. Does this make sense. How do I add Cable TV to each room so that is can then be made visible.

Thx!

Yes you should see 2 cables. Depending on what they are named one is the actual cable box driver and the other is the cable cloud driver. Sounds like the cloud driver is only bound to the theater cable box driver.

Some want just one list and bind the cable cloud to all the boxes. Composer usually does it this way automatically. Some want different lists per box like controlfouruserguy. In that case you need a cable cloud for each list and bind them appropriately. All the bindings have to be done with composer pro.

Again thanks for the response.

Can you give me a step by step on how to bind the cable cloud driver to the cable box driver. Not sure if my installer is always thinking straight, I would like to point him in the correct direction...

If you want just one list tell him to go to connections. Click on the cable cloud. Then click on the input and below it it will show all the cable boxes available to bind to. He just drag and drops to each one.

Archived