C4 Forums | Control4

Pentair Screenlogic2 Ipad/iPhone kit

Pentair has a new ket 520500 that allows connections for your computer and iPad/iphone devices.

It is bundled with a ethernet protocol adapter.

I've read that people use the i-link protocol adapter with their C4 systems, but this is a serial connection vs. ethernet.

Anyone have the ethernet kit and know if it would work too, with C4?

I have the Pentair Intellitouch 9 + 3s with the iLink attached to my C4 system. It works great but no iPad/iPhone support strictly the ts and onscrenn GUI. Bryan at the SOHO Shop did set up programming so I can use my iPad to turn on the cleaner, waterslide and lights via the iLink but I don't get any feedback from the system to let me know what it is doing. I think the software/driver that Pentair has for the i devices is around $250 - 300 but probably wouldn't have anything to do with C4.

Just because they have an Ethernet port doesn't mean they publish an API to program to.

In any event there is very little difference between ethernet and RS232 -- RS232 is older and typically better supported. Plus with RS232 you can install an optical isolator to protect the rest of your system from lightning rather inexpensively -- which may not be an issue where you are but here it would be disastrous not to protect the system.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
On 5/22/2012 at 5:58 AM, seth_j said:

Just because they have an Ethernet port doesn't mean they publish an API to program to.

In any event there is very little difference between ethernet and RS232 -- RS232 is older and typically better supported. Plus with RS232 you can install an optical isolator to protect the rest of your system from lightning rather inexpensively -- which may not be an issue where you are but here it would be disastrous not to protect the system.

Could you paste an example of an optical isolator for RS232?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.