C4 Forums | Control4

What should a guy really expect from the new EVSonos zone integration?

I've just had my EV driver upgraded to include Sonos-C4 zone integration.

But just what should be expected from this? Is it true 2 way integration...add/drop a zone via either system reflecting real time on either interface?

Is that what should be the end result?

I can walk around and "add and drop" zones no problem using Control4, but what I do doesn't then seem to be reflected on a Sonos controller.

If I do things in reverse. Say add zones using the Sonos interface, and hit the "audio zones" button on my Control4 ipad app, the changes aren't reflected.

Is this the way things should be?

Thanks.

It is exactly what should be happening. If this isn't the case, then it's possible that your system has got some bindings not completely setup correctly. There's also a property to set on each Sonos driver to say what Control4 room should automatically be turned on/off with that driver, which might not have been set. This is required to make the Control4 system automatically update to show a new Sonos zone being added.

If your dealer wants us to take a look at the project, they'll need to submit a support ticket on our website.

They can, but they need to be setup in the driver as well. We support Rhapsody (and the new Napster by Rhapsody service), Last.Fm, Pandora, Spotify, Wolfgang's Vault, iHeartRadio, Sirius and Internet Radio.

Your driver rocks and Im thankful that it supports what it does but Please, please, please add MOG. This service is quickly gaining popularity and is now considered by most audiophiles to be the highest quality service.

Archived